Empire of Gatan

mcarson

Is the Empire of Gatan setting info available anywhere? I've got an idea brewing for a game involving the Savage North, but the run into it requires something more southernly.

I don't need a super huge amount of detail, but a map & general outline of the political divisions in & around the Empire would be a huge help.  

If there is more detailed EoG information coming, I'd like to be able to use it & not have my homebrew conflict.

Aside from a world map, I'm looking for a place with a number of city-states that hire a bunch of mercenary companies to fight their endless internecine little wars (think Italy during the 13th-15th centuries). Bonus points is slavery is normalized in the region.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, the Empire of Gatan is being worked on for republication in 2019, as part of OpenQuest's 10th Anniversary.

The original plan was to re-release it as a self-contained book with adventures as well as much more. if you are familiar with Crypts and Things Remastered, Gatan would have been presented in the same way as the Continent of Terror is in that book.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a pdf of the setting as it was in OpenQuest 2 Deluxe. Be aware its really bare bones, it was designed to be built upon by GMs and made their own.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 6 months later...

Since OQ3 is coming soon, what are the plans for Gatan? If I remember correctly, there was a bit back and forth on whether to include a small setting chapter in the core rules or to make Gatan a separate, meatier release.

I also remember that at some point, at least to Gatan scenarios were mentioned, "Green Hell" and "From the Darkness to the Light".

My current thinking is that there will be a short Gatan chapter in the main rulebook. This will be an updated version of the chapter that appeared in QpenQuest 2. 

Then there will be an expanded setting book with adventures called "From Darkness to the Light".

Green Hell will be its own release and wil be a sandbox type adventure. 

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain