Glorantha Sourcebook PDF

Steve

I'm going to try again on this, since this has been raised before here with no response, and my posting on G+ seems to have been misunderstood by @MOB as far as I can tell.

Chaosium guys, please can we have a PDF for the Glorantha Sourcebook that matches the hard copy?

I'm not asking for further corrections, all I'm asking is that the rather old PDF for the GS is updated to reflect what was printed. My go-to example for this is the sidebar on p.154, which obscures the map key in the "current" PDF, but is missing in the hard copy and so there is nothing to obscure the map key, which is great.

In the tribal edit thread for this book at the link below, Rick Meints said "While we don't mind people reporting errors, typos, and layout suggestions, please only submit them based on the LATEST version of the book. Page 154 no longer has border decoration".  So although I haven't been through and checked for other things that had been said to be corrected, I suspect the uploaded version is simply an old one and there will be various corrections in the printed version (I'd be very surprised if the p.154 thing is the only discrepancy).

Again, I repeat. I am not asking for further corrections. All I want is a PDF that matches my hard copy. Thanks.

Edited by Steve

13 hours ago, Psullie said:

Here is a screen grab of the side bar from my version which is dated 17th Feb...

Thanks, but have you tried downloading the version that is on Chaosium.com now? I think you've got an very early version of the PDF, before that sidebar was introduced. Please see the last few posts in the thread that I link, where several others are seeing the same thing - e.g. Phil Hibbs had the very early version too, and confirmed that if he downloaded the latest then the sidebar was there.

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

Thanks, but have you tried downloading the version that is on Chaosium.com now? I think you've got an very early version of the PDF, before that sidebar was introduced. Please see the last few posts in the thread that I link, where several others are seeing the same thing - e.g. Phil Hibbs had the very early version too, and confirmed that if he downloaded the latest then the sidebar was there.

that's really odd 🤔

5 hours ago, Psullie said:

that's really odd 🤔

Yes, and I think this is part of the confusion and why I seem to be getting nowhere with my requests for a PDF of what's actually been printed. There was a much earlier version without that sidebar, but it had a lot more errors in too.

Edit - I see that there have been a lot of updates to RQG PDFs going on. I can understand the priority being on that front but still, all I'm asking for is an existing PDF to be uploaded, not a new one to be created.

Edited by Steve

• 2 years later...