Maps scales

dvdmacateer

Ok hopefully this has not been discussed previously but I have had a look the forums but I could not find anything.  I am preparing Borderlands and planning encounters and I have noticed Prax seems to have doubled.  The distance from Pavis to Horn Gate use to be about 80 -90 kms. So as stated in Borderlands it takes 4 days to cross the Long Dry . In Later products e.g. Argan Argar Atlas and  the  Pavis:Gateway to adventure the distance is more like 160km.  So should I be adjusting Borderlands travel times or am I losing my mind?

Edited by dvdmacatter
  • Like 1

Some of the older Chaosium maps, from RQ2 and RQ3 days, had a big problem with miles and kilometres, confusing the two.

If you have the Argan Argar Atlas, then just use those as they use the real scale.

If you don't, then have a look at my Big Map of Central Genertela, as it is scaled from all the various RQ2/RQ3 maps all joined together and fiddled to work properly.

However, if you want to use the Borderlands map as it is, then just use it. Nobody will mind. Alternatively, just use miles rather than kilometres and it will work OK.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here