Metacreator & BRP

jkeown

I'm gonna buy Metacreator for Call of Cthulhu in a minute or two... do we want a report?

Yah, let me know how adaptable it would be for BRP. For example how easy is it to add equipment, professions, and if you can add/use races.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I have Metacreator, and I say "go ahead" with your purchase. It's great for creating countless monsters and quickly making characters. I made up a sheet of zombies for a survival horror game--20 of them randomly created. I just role a D20 for which zombie I want. It's perfect for making minions and extra characters on the spot.

Compatibility isn't an issue, as It's BRP! It's just CoC BRP. Character creation is basically the same as in any genre of BRP.

I think you can even create your own creatures. It also a dice roller.

Edited by Dredj

I have Metacreator, and I say "go ahead" with your purchase. It's great for creating countless monsters and quickly making characters. I made up a sheet of zombies for a survival horror game--20 of them randomly created. I just role a D20 for which zombie I want. It's perfect for making minions and extra characters on the spot.

Compatibility isn't an issue, as It's BRP! It's just CoC BRP. Character creation is basically the same as in any genre of BRP.

I think you can even create your own creatures. It also a dice roller.

I'd get right to this thing if drivethruRPG would send me my password. I've got this killer new laptop... and none of my old passwords are on it. Their reset function thinks it sent the new password to me, but it lies.

Have you messed with the data sheets? Does it have a race macro or something to automatically apply stat adjustments?

Have you messed with the data sheets? Does it have a race macro or something to automatically apply stat adjustments?

You can create your own creatures. Here's the instructions how:

You can create your own entities that can be added to the Entities list, or be added to encounter files, or be used as the basis for character sheets created from entity definitions.

To create an entity:

Create a macro data sheet.

Double-click the Entities folder.

Double-click the desired folder: Creatures for Cthulhu Mythos creatures, Deities for Mythos deities, Humans for general human opponents (henchmen, guards, etc.), Personalities for unique characters, or Beasts and Monsters for common animals or monsters like zombies.

Press INSERT.

Enter "entity" for the macro name. Press TAB to move to the name field.

Enter the name of the entity.

If the entity causes SAN loss, enter the values in the sanLoss field.

Enter the type of entity (Lesser Servitor Race, Beast, Monster, Human, Great Old One, etc.) in the type field.

Enter values for STR, CON, SIZ, etc. If this describes a specific entity, enter the value for each characteristic. If its a description of a type of entity, enter the die specification -- 3D6+6, 2D6+12, 1D10x10, etc. If the value is a complex expression, enter a textual description followed by a colon, followed by the expression. For example, if a creature has SIZ equal to the POW generated randomly, enter:

Equal to POW:@POW

See Cthulhu.mds for more examples.

If the entity has SAN based on POW, leave the SAN field empty to get the default value. If the entity has zero SAN enter "zero" or "none".

If a characteristic has no value, leave it blank. Blank values for humans will be filled in automatically with appropriate die rolls.

Enter the entity's move value. If multiple modes of movement are possible, separate each with a slash ("/").

If the monster has a fixed damage bonus, enter the value in the db field in the form "+5D6". If the damage bonus should be computed based on STR and SIZ, leave the db field empty.

If the entity has armor, enter it is the armor field. If the armor has a number of points, that number must be first in the field. For example, "8 points of thick hide".

List the entity's skills in the skills field. Each entry should be in the form "Hide=60". You can also specify a random skill level with a die specification: "Credit Rating=20+2D10". Finally, any valid expression containing no die specification can be specified: "Listen=50+rand(50)".

Enter a description of the spells the entity has in the spells field. This description should be very brief ("1D4 spells if POW 14+"). If specific spells are known enumerate them.

If the entity has specific possessions, list them in the poss field.

Adding Weapons

To indicate the weapons or attacks for the entity:

While the entity is highlighted press INSERT.

Enter entweapon for the macro.

Enter the name of the weapon or attack in the name field. If you intend the weapon to be the same as existing weapon, use the identical spelling. When the weapon is added to a character generated from an entity, the actual weapon will be used. If the weapon does not exist in the available Equipment list, the weapon will be created based on a generic attack item.

Enter the skill chance for the attack in the chance field. There should be no spaces or % in this field.

Enter the damage in the damage field. If "+db" occurs in the damage field, the damage bonus will be computed and displayed.

If you're entering a number of weapons/attacks, press SHIFT+ENTER to go right into adding another entweapon macro. If you're done adding weapons for this entity, just press ENTER.

Everything that's said it can do on the webpage: Alter Ego Software is what it can do. Everything you need to know is in the Help file. There's a demo near the bottom of this page that you can download.

Btw, I have lots of issues from either Drivethrurpg and Rpgnow when I order things, too. I bought my cd version right from Alter Ego Software.

Edited by Dredj

I've obtained the file from e23. They do not require a password, so I was able to get in and get it, no problem...

Now to puzzle out how Eras are defined, create an era called BRP and set to work creating the new mds files.

All while preparing for Dark Heresy today and getting my critters completed.

I need to stay focused, yes?

I've obtained the file from e23. They do not require a password, so I was able to get in and get it, no problem...

Now to puzzle out how Eras are defined, create an era called BRP and set to work creating the new mds files.

All while preparing for Dark Heresy today and getting my critters completed.

I need to stay focused, yes?

Is it working for you?

Btw, does Dark Heresy have critical hit charts? The original Warhammer used them. I remember the critical hit charts to be very graphic--great for survival horror games (yes, I'm obsessed with survival horror>:-> :lol: )

Edited by Dredj