Dreamlands character names?

Caribet

I sometimes lift names from the H.P. Lovecraft's Dreamlands book or just make up my own. Given that the Dreamlands seems to be crafted and influenced by Dream, I think that gives the Keeper total freedom to make whatever names they like.

I really think you would benefit from picking up H. P. Lovecraft's Dreamlands. It seems to be a bit more difficult to find now, but there is the PDF of 4th edition still available.

• 4 weeks later...

I have Chaosium's Dreamlands, and I have Lovecraft's DreamQuest of Unknown Kadath and assorted shorts in a weighty compilation - but I was actual;ly hoping some gamer had tabulated names so as to avoid the time to trawl through the sources line by line.

For the waking world, there are plenty of resources for names; and there are plenty of other gaming-related sites for fantasy names, but none actually gather the non-waking names used in Lovecraft's Dreamlands.  I do like to impress my players with a consistent seeming fantasy, so I'm trying...

Edited by Caribet