Sword Trance OP? What do other do?

DrDave

One person my groups has argued....

"As written, if a character has Sword Trance and he pumps it with 10 magic points opponents are toast. If he adds in Truesword, he is 300%! I think the best solution is to change it and make it like Arrow Trance in the Bestiary.

I think I'd want to make it two point, and add 50% instead of doubling. Still a great spell, too powerful for one point.

6 minutes ago, DrDave said:

"As written, if a character has Sword Trance and he pumps it with 10 magic points opponents are toast. If he adds in Truesword, he is 300%! I think the best solution is to change it and make it like Arrow Trance in the Bestiary.

DrDave, rather than starting a new thread perhaps you might want to join one of the  three or so threads that already exist for this incredibly well worked out topic.

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Because I didn't know which threads you were referring to.

Your right Brootse, I sometimes forget that the new folk might not know about looking around, but really it is very simple to do. Until you mentioned it I did't even think of looking (just pointed DrDave in the right  direction, and forgot about it.) but I just did a quick search (in the box at the upper right of page just below your name @DrDave)  for the phrase "sword trance" and ended up with 5 pages of posts based off of that alone and the fourth post found was the start of the “Is Sword Trance Broken?” which goes on of another 12 pages with 288 posts.

And I will bet there are other threads as well. Now we could start a new thread tis true and do feel free if wished DrDave, but perhaps everything needed is already here.

Cheers

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!