Disguised Glory

How would you track the glory of disguised characters?

I´m specially interested in ladies disguising themselves as knights, which as I have seen, is a pretty common plot for Lady Knights. For example, Lady Nauhaus is also Sir Ellian, the errant knight who sometimes appears in tournaments and other events. Would she have two Glory tracks, one for each of her identities, and they combine once her identity is revealed? Does she have a single Glory score?

This also goes for other characters, of course. If Sir Mavion goes out and fights a giant while disguising as Sir Brannis, who would get the Glory? If people later discover that it was Sir Mavion who did the deed, instead of Sir Brannis as assumed, would the Glory transfer to him?

Since I am a Lazy GMtm, I probably wouldn't bother tracking the Glory separately for the Lady (and just use Glory/2 if I ever needed to consider her reputation). I'd just tell Sir Mavion that if he doesn't intend to spill the beans, then Sir Brannis gets the Glory. If Sir Brannis is an NPC, then I would, potentially, give the Glory back to Sir Mavion at some later date, but if both are PKs, then I would not bother.

However, if you wanted to be more detailed about it, I would track three Glories for the Lady: 1) Lady's Glory, used for recognizing her and other such Glory related bonuses when she is in her lady alter ego, 2) Knight's Glory, when she is moonlighting as Sir Ellian, and 3) total Glory, used for Glory Bonus Points.

As for Sir Mavion, I would treat it pretty much the same way in any case: If Sir Brannis is a PK, decide if the word gets out. If it does, Sir Mavion gets the Glory (if he accepts it, he can insist that really, it was Sir Brannis, in which case the Glory would rebound to Sir Brannis albeit a Deceitful check as well as a Modest check might be coming Mavion's way), otherwise the Glory is Sir Brannis' (with likely a Modest check for Mavion).

Generally speaking I only give character glory for t hings that they are kn own  to do. Stuff that happens in secret doesn't warrant glory, at least until the full story is revealed. If a lady were travelling in disguise as a knight errant, I'd probably give the Knight personna it's own glory score, assuming that someone knows the knight is doing stuff.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

18 minutes ago, Atgxtg said:

Generally speaking I only give character glory for t hings that they are kn own  to do. Stuff that happens in secret doesn't warrant glory, at least until the full story is revealed. If a lady were travelling in disguise as a knight errant, I'd probably give the Knight personna it's own glory score, assuming that someone knows the knight is doing stuff.

I agree. Just pointing out as well, Recognize is modified by Glory. Too much Glory for either persona, and you might be found out!

5 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

I agree. Just pointing out as well, Recognize is modified by Glory. Too much Glory for either persona, and you might be found out!

LOL! Yup. Although that is one of the things about armor, especially later period armor, is that is hides the face. Hence the rise and need of/for Heraldry, and why knights who wanted to remain anonymous would carry a blank shield.Of course in Mallory, he tells us that Sir so&so is really the one carrying the blank shield, so the story would get out. 

In my own campaigns there have been times where the PKS have gotten into more trouble because of something they did, and the fame that accompanied it, and also times  where they didn't get glory  for something because they kept it a secret - at least for a time.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.