The Cult of Metsyla

metcalph

I've been working on a little project - which may or may not end up in the Jonstown Compendium, namely the Gods of Kralorela in order to make them more crunchy and bronze age gloranthan.  The first up is Metsyla, which has been made by repurposing the Yelmalio cult.

Some notes:

1 - the rules for enlightenment are basically reconfigured from Cults of Terror.  When GaGoG comes out, that will probably change depending on the mechanisms for illumination and mysticism used therein.

2 - the Enlightenment Runespell is a cribbed City Harmony spell from the cult of Pavis.

3 - the magic is generally useless (as per Yelmalio) as this is not a cult for adventurers - think Tripitaka in Monkey.

4 - Martial Arts is a bit after Mesyla's time so he doesn't teach any.

The next up is planned to be Shavaya who will be written up as a God of Youxia (an Orlanth analogue so to speak, except that he's fighting to preserve rather than change).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youxia

Enjoy

Metsyla.docx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, gochie said:

Interesting. I admit that I never even thought of Kralorelans worshipping gods. I always saw them as "worshipping" the emperor/dragons, and using mysticism and a bit of spirit magic instead of rune magic.

I think one of the key elements of "Kralorela" is (should be) the lack of uniformity-of-practice.  It's sprawling and disparate, not monolithic.

So I agree -- there SHOULD be some worship/veneration/sacrifice/etc to the Emperor, and/or to other dragons, and/or dragons generally, and/or some Kralorelan emanation of Hykim/Mikyh.  Maybe some of each, maybe some "all of the above," and other variations -- with schismatic infighting amongst the various "draconic" factions about Right Worship!

And there should be some more traditional "worship the Gods" stuff.

And ancestor-worship... but less in the Daka-Fal shamanic mode:  I'd like to see it blank-sheet'ed, beginning with the genuine Chinese practice, by someone who knows that practice well and can write appropriately (and with care not to slip into problematic orientalism), and blend it with other historical/anthropological influences (likely Mesoamerican & Polynesian), plus some genuine Gloranthan Weirdness.

And some Hsunchen totemic Beast stuff, of course!  Hypothetically, some fringe Hsunchen may even embrace the Draconic way via Hykim/Mikyh...

Etc etc etc...

Edited by g33k
correcting editor-interface wierdness.
  • Like 3

C'es ne pas un .sig