Feudal Japan RPG news?

I am coming to a close of a campaign I am running of Call of Cthulhu, so I am trying to plan ahead to my next game. I have been doing research of Samurai based rpgs and I was going to pick L5R because of the accessibility.  But recently discovered that 2 years ago there was talks of a Samurai game using Pendragon rules before Pendragon went to chaosium.  

Has there been any news since 2018? 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 11:46 AM, Imperial_Solaire said:

I am coming to a close of a campaign I am running of Call of Cthulhu, so I am trying to plan ahead to my next game. I have been doing research of Samurai based rpgs and I was going to pick L5R because of the accessibility.  But recently discovered that 2 years ago there was talks of a Samurai game using Pendragon rules before Pendragon went to chaosium.  

Has there been any news since 2018? 

There hasn't bee all that much Pendragon news in the last year or so. I believe the Samurai RPG is still in the pipeline, but there is no info on how far along it is. 

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

If you have an interest in (for want of a better term) the genre then using PenDragon for a Saborai game is the proverbial piece of piss.

That's not to belittle the work that the authors of the official PenDragon Samurai game ('Daimyo' surely?) are doing. Presenting that application in a readable manner, covering game secific cultural expectations and scenario suggestions is not the proverbial.

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire