Info On Cosmic Zap (and QW Supers more Generally)?

Nevermet

I've found a few blog entries by Ron Edwards, and I found a few videos of his on Youtube, but does anyone know if there is a text of the game anywhere, or if there is a timeline for it to be released?

Is anyone else making or thinking of making a QW Supers game?

I just thought I should ask.

Edited by Nevermet

I'm interested too. Even though Champions is one of my all time favourite RPGs I've often thought that if any genre could be best realised with a sort of narrative/HeroQuest type mechanics, it would be superheroes. (Capes is a decent example, but that gets a bit distracted with the whole competition aspect and I haven't really done anything I'd call a campaign with it).

• Like 1

https://www.chaosium.com/blogannouncing-the-questworlds-srd-the-ruleslite-and-preplite-rpg-engine/

I think is the current & most up-to-date info from Chaosium.  We don't even know if the draft text has been sent to Chaosium, or if he's still creating/playtesting it.

They don't announce any timeframe; this is in keeping with their standard practice.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

One thing about QuestWorlds is that as an engine it really lends itself to superheroes because you can do anything with it. I don't know how far Ron Edwards is with Cosmic Zap! but given the amount of time QuestWorlds has been in development I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's pretty far along.

As for a release date--I don't think any of those are going to be even determined before they get the new edition out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lemurion said:

... As for a release date--I don't think any of those are going to be even determined before they get the new edition out.

Isn't the SRD already released?  I expect it's still being tweaked (taking "tribal edit" and "beta test" input from the player base)... and then they'll freeze it for a bit, and take that version for art & layout... then off to the printers!

I suspect they would LOVE to have Cosmic Zap ready to release at the same time.  I doubt they'll hold up the "QW 1.0 commercial print run" for very long to do so, however!

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

Isn't the SRD already released?  I expect it's still being tweaked (taking "tribal edit" and "beta test" input from the player base)... and then they'll freeze it for a bit, and take that version for art & layout... then off to the printers!

I suspect they would LOVE to have Cosmic Zap ready to release at the same time.  I doubt they'll hold up the "QW 1.0 commercial print run" for very long to do so, however!

The SRD has been released, but I would expect the Worlds of Wonder packs to follow the core release of the commercial print run as one of their functions is going to be to drive sales of the core system. Now that Ian has mentioned its existence in the podcast interview with Robin Laws I think I can mention that I did hand in the pulp genre pack some time ago so I would expect Cosmic Zap! to be at a similar stage of development if not further advanced.

• 1 month later...