Applying Mount's Damage Bonus

Seems to me that one was able to use any weapon with while riding a charging mount and get the mount's damage bonus (DB). Page 219 of the RQ RiG BOOKseems to contradict this

The Lance: A lance can be used in a charge, a straight run of 20 meters or more. If a target is hit during a charge, the damage bonus of the animal ridden is used, not that of the rider. If the adven- turer using the lance has had no training in its use, they can use it at 1/2 their normal attack chance with a one-handed spear, unless their Ride skill
is below that. It can also be used as a one-handed spear if the adventurer has the necessary STR and DEX to use a long spear one-handed.

Between the quote and the paragraph above it under the heading Mounded Combat I am  left wondering... 

HMM, Do I remember this incorrectly? Is it an artifact of previous RQs I have played, Home Rules I have played or written, or is this contradicted elsewhere in the rule book and any weapon wielded by a rider or a charging animal is only restricted by the rider’s skill and is modified by a the beasts DB, not the rider’s?

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

I think the key word would be damage bonus. In RQ2 a damage bonus came from a Characters Strength and Size added together and that determined a Damage Bonus. 1D4, 1D6, 1D8, 1D10, 1D12, 1D20, 3D6, etc. It might be regarded as 'The Force of The Blow/Strike', which is separate from the weapon damage (Lance 1D10). In melee a character's Damage Bonus plus weapon damage determines how much damage is meted  out. In this particular case the rider is not lunging with the weapon, but either couching it or bracing it against his body and he has no force in the blow. The mount on the other hand is charging (but not hitting with it's body, or doing damage with it's own body) and it's Damage Bonus/Force of the blow would be added to the weapon damage against the opponent.

I have not found it in the rulebook for 'Runequest: Roleplaying in Glorantha'. So if someone knows where it is at or there is a different interpretation in the Books, please let me know. Thanks