Using Magic World for Hellenistic Greek setting

rsanford

If you wanted to use Magic World to run a game set in Hellenistic Greece what changes to armor and weapons would have to be made? What weapons and armor would be available? What changes to the culture table would make sense? What else rules and resource wise would make sense?

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

11 hours ago, Questbird said:

You could check out Warlords of Alexander.

I just spent about 30 minutes skimming through Warlords of Alexander. Wow! This is immpressive. As you indicated it has the weapons and armor charts used by the Greeks in the Hellenistic age but heck the whole thing is oriented towards playing Hellenistic Greeks. I think I would probably be better off playing this than trying to tweak Magic World. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

9 hours ago, rsanford said:

I just spent about 30 minutes skimming through Warlords of Alexander. Wow! This is immpressive. As you indicated it has the weapons and armor charts used by the Greeks in the Hellenistic age but heck the whole thing is oriented towards playing Hellenistic Greeks. I think I would probably be better off playing this than trying to tweak Magic World. Thank you!

Yes the technology doesn't change much throughout the period.