Adventurer groups in Colymar lands

Jape_Vicho

3 hours ago, Brian McReynolds said:

By any chance was he too small to see over the shop's counter?

All Duck merchants carry a small box or stepladder for exactly that reason.

• Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Can I call this problem the "Box of Chocolates" syndrome? You never know what you are going to get.

I was thinking that if you put all the PC's together coincidentally and have SOMETHING come after them, well, there's nothing like an external threat to bring a diverse bunch together. Also, if the threat is long-term and, ultimately, beyond their ability to handle, there are roleplaying opportunities as your PC's look for allies.

With my group, I ended up with:

• An Old Tarshite Heavy Cavalryman
  • A Lunar Tarshite Philosopher
  • Twin Sartarites (Nari clan), one a light infantryman the other a healer who's bigger and quicker and stronger than most of the party lol
  • An Esrolian Trader
  • An Esrolian Priestess of Ernalda in training.

They rolled up histories and discovered quite a few links and then embelished from there. Ended up that the two Priestess, Twins and Heavy Cavalryman all fought at Pennel Ford and had been involved almost in the same events there so were war comrades, the philosopher was captured and enslaved at the dragon rise (he had been a conscripted sorcerer) by praxians, it turned out that praxians had slain the twins father years earlier and they happened to kill the praxian slavers and as a result inadvertently rescused the strange man who is endebted to them, the trader they met at boldhome when Kallyr was crowned Prince of Sartar and agreed to travel with because he was charming.

• Like 1