Who Were the Queen's Knights?

2 hours ago, Thom Truelove said:

Has anyone a list of the knights who directly served Queen Guinevere?

IIRC, in Pendragon the Queen's Knights aren't a lifetime appointment like the Round Table, but something renewed yearly. There are knights who get their membership renewed yearly to the extent that it's basically a formality - Lancelot and Gawain in particular - but otherwise the membership varies by year. You can justify any knight with good courtly skills and Romantic inclinations (which I believe are the main requirements, rather than martial prowess or Glory).

7 hours ago, Leingod said:

IIRC, in Pendragon the Queen's Knights aren't a lifetime appointment like the Round Table, but something renewed yearly. There are knights who get their membership renewed yearly to the extent that it's basically a formality - Lancelot and Gawain in particular - but otherwise the membership varies by year. You can justify any knight with good courtly skills and Romantic inclinations (which I believe are the main requirements, rather than martial prowess or Glory).

I can confirm: in KAP 5.2, to be a Queen's Knight a PK must win at least one annual contest or tourney.

So, it seems to imply an annual membership review.

19 minutes ago, mandrill_one said:

I can confirm: in KAP 5.2, to be a Queen's Knight a PK must win at least one annual contest or tourney.

So, it seems to imply an annual membership review.

Blood & Lust has an adventure, "Contest for the Queen's Knights", which is even more explicit about this selection process. It also states that there are 50 knights selected each year, and implies that since they will act as examiners and judges the next year's crop, that they would not serve consecutive years.

In our campaign, the Queen can of course pick whoever she wishes, and usually has people like Sir Gawaine, Sir Tor and Sir Amren of the Heart Blade fame serve year after year, without a need for them to compete. In short, if you have impressed the Queen as a Romantic Knight, you are likely to get in without problems.

• Like 1