New Scenario Alert! Sorrow in Tsavo (7th Edition One Shot)

Hello, all! Just wanted to announce my new scenario: Sorrow in Tsavo

It is currently available for purchase here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/331189/Sorrow-in-Tsavo

Description: Sorrow in Tsavo takes in the Investigators to 1898 Africa. Serving as the leadership crew, they are commissioned to build a bridge over the River Tsavo. Unfortunately, they meet resistance at the claws of two vicious lions nicknamed “The Ghost,” and, “The Darkness.”

This is a Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition one shot scenario.

Sorrow in Tsavo cover.jpg

• Like 5

Tsavo translates to “a place of slaughter.”

Welcome to 1898 Kenya.

The British are building a railway bridge over the River Tsavo to solidify their position of trade and wealth in the region. The Investigators serve as leaders to the project. In addition to social dissonance and illness within the camp, a pair of man-eating lions known as “The Ghost” and “The Darkness” are stalking and brutally killing members of the construction crew. 

What happened to those 30 crewmen that disappeared overnight?

Who, or what, sent the lions into camp?

The Investigators must find a way to stop the man-eaters before the project is abandoned entirely. Failure is not an option as the success and perseverance of the British Empire rests upon their shoulders.

We invite you to experience this visceral 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu Scenario. This one-shot scenario plays well in both convention and home settings. Sorrow in Tsavo’s playstyle is story driven, sandbox, and combat light.

What’s Included?

- A 43-page fully illustrated and deadly scenario (extensively playtested)

- Six pre-generated characters + backgrounds

- Two new Mythos Creatures   

- 10 Handouts (including a color map of the Sorrow in Tsavo Camp, character secrets, etc.)

- A beautifully formatted PDF with easy to navigate hyperlinks

- Direct notes/suggestions from the author

• Like 1

Just picked it up. I quickly skimmed thru it and really like the Eyes (had to read that) and the map of Tsavo camp... i'll be reading this on the weekend, thank you. (When i first saw the title, I thought it said 'Shavo' from System of a Down, who would be a cool pic btw, but it said Tsavo... but anyways, this time frame in Africa, i'm liking it.

• Like 1

Congrats, Bridgett!

The scenario looks amazing! I love the premise and the historical, geographical and cultural context in which you've chosen to set it.

In all honesty, while I've been buying up alot of the books, at the moment I have yet to play/run Call of Cthulhu at all. If fortune should smile, my spouse might be willing to play solo investigator in the Paper Chase scenario from the Starter Set for Hallowe'en.

But I unfortunately can't see myself being in a position to run a game for 3+ investigators in the foreseeable future. If that should change, I will definitely keep your scenario in mind!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:41 PM, 10baseT said:

Just picked it up. I quickly skimmed thru it and really like the Eyes (had to read that) and the map of Tsavo camp... i'll be reading this on the weekend, thank you. (When i first saw the title, I thought it said 'Shavo' from System of a Down, who would be a cool pic btw, but it said Tsavo... but anyways, this time frame in Africa, i'm liking it.

Thank you so much for purchasing it and even moreso for taking the time to reach back out! Sincerely. Thank you!!! 

I've read through these comments again and again and again. They're so empowering and comforting and encouraging and it's difficult to truly articulate how much they mean. Thank you guys!!!

• Like 5