The latest Old Bones adventure has been published! To my online players: Don't read this post! SPOILERS!

Matt_E

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/33 ... proachable
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/33 ... REE-TASTER

To put it very tersely, this is basically a Call of Cthulhu scenario, written for Mythras and set in an S&S world.  For about 36 more hours, you can get it at a discount through the annual DTRPG Halloween Sale!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Our latest Horror Fantasy adventure has arrived.  Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reading it right now (I'll probably use it as a one-shot to introduce my current group to Mythras). As with Hessaret's Treasure, I really like the presentation of the characters (both PCs and NPCs); you can really see the story unfolding from their actions. There's also some good advice about how to handle Customs roles to see whether a character will stick to their cultural preconceptions (with the Customs skill working very much like a Passion in this context). The "roll how your character feels about something (and/or how s/he acts on it" systems of Pendragon and Mythras are interesting, but also always a little problematic with regards to character agency, and the advice to the GM not to say "no" if a character wants to act against an impulse, but to say "Yes, but", seems very good to me.

• Like 1