Best genre supplements fo Mythras?

Belisar

Being new to Mythras on my search for my "to go" generic mechanics, I stumbled over Mythras and delving into Mythras Imperative, I really like what I see.

Now there are quite some supplements, I try to figure out which one is the setting agnostic "standard" book for each genre. For instance, I was told M-Space is the book to go for homebrew scifi settings. Which would be the books for:

- SciFi

- Modern World

- Fantasy

- Flexible supernatural powers in any shape, from Psi to classical fantasy magic or singular powers?

- Equipment Guides

- Bestiaries

- Horror (appart from lovecraftean horror for which CoC is already excellent)

Mythras isn't GURPS, so you will not find "setting agnostic books for genre x" in terms of your question besides the M-SPACE  range (SciFi), Mythras Core Rules Book (Fantasy) and the Online Mythras Encounter Generator (Bestiaries) Another one that comes to mind is Seasons of the Dead (zombie-postapocalyptic toolkit). And obviously all of Classic Fantasy (oldschool Dungeoncrawling).

Further suggestions:  Firearms-PDF, Mythras Imperative and Mythras Companion

Mythras has a huge list of supplements for all kinds of genres and tons of stuff, but no GURPS-like setting-agnostic guides with just lists of critters, equipment and powers.

Edited by Prinz Slasar
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...