M-Space Settings: What are you guys playing?

HierophantX

I just finished reading Elevation, and really dig it.  I like the Star-Trek-past-its-prime vibe.  I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to stir up any serious interest from my local players (they aren't generally into sci fi), but I'm thinking about trying it solitaire with Mythic GME.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clarence said:

I usually end up quite close to Star Wars, without using the actual setting. I also know some people run the old SpaceMaster campaigns with M-SPACE. 

SpaceMaster!? Iron Crown did some good things but is that really something they did? Ishtar preserve us from more charts!

I was a player in a SpaceMaster mega-campaign many years ago. And while the rules were a tad complex for my taste, the campaign was great fun. Of course, as a player I can’t be sure if it was thanks to the GM or the ICE material.

Good to see that the books are available though!

• Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

MERP had some very nice supplements. I was more into Shadow World, using HERO system instead of RoleMaster. With the massive lineup of supplements ICE had back in the 1980s it’s quite strange how they (almost) disappeared. 

SpaceMaster wasn’t very big at the time. Traveller and Star Wars d6 were the big sci-fi games if I remember correctly. We ran the SM material as a curious combination of 40% Star Wars, 60% James Bond. Action, investigations and nefarious meta-plots all mixed up in a big, boisterous storytelling cake. 

• Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s