Unpublished units for Dragon Pass boardgame

Scott Mayne

In this White Bear & Red Moon pre-publication sheet, there are some (highlighted) units that never made it into the game as far as I'm aware.

Does anyone have any more info on them, or suggestions as to what abilities they could have? (One's obviously the Walking Fort.)

UNPUBLISHED.thumb.png.e53a662df0e98a8cd829057b0a013c71.png

Edited by Scott Mayne
  • Like 1

I haven't seen most of these before, thanks for sharing.

From left to right, Top Row:

• Three of the first group appear to be charioteers, although it is not clear if they are part of Ronance or the Sun Domers.
  • The second group appears to be a Walking Fort, Rocket and Balloon, although I have no idea what they are.
  • The third group is the Spider with her webs. I think she appeared as a figure in Wyrms Footnotes or maybe Drastic Darkness.
  • The fourth group appear to be Wasp Riders, or Bee Riders, but I am not sure who the standard is supposed to represent.
  • The fifth group looks like militiamen from the Sartar Fyrd, from Dragon Pass, but you already have those, so maybe an earth force. 
  • The sixth group looks like knights, perhaps from Knight Fort on the borders between the Holy Country and Prax.

From left to right, Middle Row:

• The first group appear to be mounted warriors, although it is unclear who they are. The Hero looks like the Only Old One.
  • The second group appears to be a trolls, perhaps the Only Old One's army.
  • The third group contains a Hero and a Super Hero, not sure who they are.
  • The fourth group is the Free Army, so are they from the Holy Country?

From left to right, Bottom Row:

• The first group appear to be Walktapi, Swim and the Hydra
  • The second group appears to be some kind of serpent and maybe a morokanth spirit
  • The third group contains Ghosts or Wraiths
  • The fourth group are mounted warriors of the Free Army, I would guess.
54 minutes ago, Scott Mayne said:

The background here is I'm working on a personal print & play version of DP and NG, and want to add whatever variants I can find to the countersheets.

That is fantastic to hear. I love the Nomad Gods and dragon Pass games and have developed some variants of them.

55 minutes ago, Scott Mayne said:

Some progress so far.

They look really good.

Have you seen the counters in Wyrms footnotes and the Books of Drastic Resolutions? They have figures that might not be on your sheets.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Thanks for the information Simon! 

Have you seen the counters in Wyrms footnotes and the Books of Drastic Resolutions? They have figures that might not be on your sheets.

Yes, I have some Walktapi, etc. in there. And in the Sartar section I pasted above you can see the EWF Banner added from Drastic Resolutions; the others are going in as well. I even have a rare set of counters that were made for that German convention.

Plus the unpublished Nomad Gods sheet from 1980 done in Dragon Pass style. That's the motivation for my project, doing the boardgames (counters, maps, etc.) in a unified style. Dragon Pass is obviously easy, Nomad Gods is going to be tough with all the new art needed. If anyone talks to William Church, please ask if he's available to do some art 😊

And from Raider's Digest one of my favorites, the Vampire Legion!

VAMPIRE-2.png

Edited by Scott Mayne
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...