No more shipping to France?

Loïc

Hi! Don't really know where to post this, and I'm not sure my mail worked on Chaosium's website...

So, I wanted to make an order yesterday to take advantage of Chaosium's great promotions (Blood Tide, The Magic Book, In Search of the Trollslayer and several Cthulhu classic scenarios I don't have yet in my collection...). When I wanted to finalize and pay my order, I saw an alert saying "one or more articles of your cart can't be shipped to your current address (in France). Please register another address of destination". Not exactly the same words (and certainly in a much better english), but basically the same meaning.

Halas, I don't have any other available address to make this order... And the site doesn't precise what articles are concerned. So I had to cancel my order... 😪

So my questions:

• probably a stupid question: is this situation covid-related, both for US and UK platforms?
  • is it concerning all Chaosium products for France?
  • how long the promotions will last? If this is covid-related, I'm sure you can't say when orders from France will start again, but I'd just like to know if I have a chance to take advantage of your promotions...

Anyway, I hope this f***ing situation will end very soon, and not just for my ordering compulsion. Just for everyone's sake.

Thanks!

Shipping between the UK and EU is a mess at the moment.  Several carriers have suspended deliveries between the two. This should be resolved in the next week or so.  

As I'm not a Chaosium employee, I'm not 100% sure that is what's caused it, but I'd put money on that being the issue. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Loïc said:

So my questions:

• probably a stupid question: is this situation covid-related, both for US and UK platforms?

As noted in this shipping and fulfilment update (Dec 22), shipping from our UK warehouse to addresses outside the UK is currently unavailable due to current disruptions to international freight movements in and out of the UK.

13 hours ago, Loïc said:

is it concerning all Chaosium products for France?

No, only products from the UK warehouse. If the product you're after is only in stock the UK warehouse (like some of the stuff we're running out in the clearance sale) unfortunately for the time being this means you won't be able to order it if you live outside the UK. 

You can order products available from our other warehouses (but will have to pay for international shipping).

13 hours ago, Loïc said:

how long the promotions will last? If this is covid-related, I'm sure you can't say when orders from France will start again, but I'd just like to know if I have a chance to take advantage of your promotions...

It is more Brexit-related rather than Covid-related, and unfortunately we can't say how long that will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mob is correct. I will just add that our EU based warehouse in Poland, which has all of our core items for all of our game lines in ample stock, is shipping to France and the rest of the EU. They can ship to France no problem. Yes, we have some "UK only" items on sale, and that sale will continue. Those are all for older items. If the UK can start shipping to the EU again at a reasonable price, we will start offering that again. When will that happen? That's beyond our control. Like all of you, we are in "wait and see" mode.

TLDR: Some sale items only found in the UK can't be shipped overseas. We have no plans of ending the sale. We'll see if they can be shipped overseas, as and when.

• Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.