CoC 7e For Fantasy

all D100 rule are very similar so it would work fine...

Compared to Cthulhu, in BRP/MagicWorld/Elric/Runequest, you got much more developed magic system(s?!) and fantasy bestiary.... but it's otherwise quite similar with some subtle difference here and there... (mostly combat I reckon)

as a side note I despise most variation of elemental magic (i.e. fire/cold/stone attacks) I found in all those rule set.. 😕  but I quite like the rest! ^_^ 

6 minutes ago, Lloyd Dupont said:

all D100 rule are very similar so it would work fine...

Compared to Cthulhu, in BRP/MagicWorld/Elric/Runequest, you got much more developed magic system(s?!) and fantasy bestiary.... but it's otherwise quite similar with some subtle difference here and there... (mostly combat I reckon)

as a side note I despise most variation of elemental magic (i.e. fire/cold/stone attacks) I found in all those rule set.. 😕  but I quite like the rest! ^_^ 

Interesting stuff, I'll look into it, but what I am asking is if it is okay to post system stuff on these forums? :)

Cheers!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Visit the Zenith Comics Patreon

26 minutes ago, Grimmshade said:

Have you checked out Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos 5e? It basically gives the tools to make 5e into a full on Mythos fantasy game, complete with Sanity and Mythos magic, races, etc. Might do a lot of the heavy lifting for you.

I shall look into it, Cthulhu Mythos 5e. I assume easy to convert to 7e as well ;)

9 minutes ago, Andrew Collas Presents... said:

I shall look into it, Cthulhu Mythos 5e. I assume easy to convert to 7e as well ;)

I'm sorry, it's for 5e D&D. I should have made that clearer! I play CoC and D&D currently and forget to specify often.

BUT... it does go above and beyond if your goal is to play a complete Mythos inspired fantasy campaign. You can even play a cat. I expected a book of Mythos monsters for D&D 5e and got a ton more, enough for a full conversion if that's what I wanted. If its not exactly what you are looking for at your table (if you don't like D&D or something) the ideas would still probably be useful but perhaps not at the price tag.

I am using bits of it in my current D&D campaign, but I've found it useful to see what a full on fantasy Mythos world would look like. Also, the art is pretty great.

Edited by Grimmshade
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grimmshade said:

I'm sorry, it's for 5e D&D. I should have made that clearer! I play CoC and D&D currently and forget to specify often.

BUT... it does go above and beyond if your goal is to play a complete Mythos inspired fantasy campaign. You can even play a cat. I expected a book of Mythos monsters for D&D 5e and got a ton more, enough for a full conversion if that's what I wanted. If its not exactly what you are looking for at your table (if you don't like D&D or something) the ideas would still probably be useful but perhaps not at the price tag.

I am using bits of it in my current D&D campaign, but I've found it useful to see what a full on fantasy Mythos world would look like. Also, the art is pretty great.

Cool, but I am literally moving away from D&D to BRP now, so ... yeah I'll look at it as potential source material :) Thanks for the head's up.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...