Virtual Tabletop?

HeartQuintessence

I don't know if people have been thinking about it at Chaosium, but  what about official 'basic' rules  packages for the  various Virtual Tabletop rules (Foundry,ect)?

So that way the basic rules for Glorantha are there so people can enjoy their tabletop online? I am not exactly sure how that'd work (IP content wise) but... its thought.

I bought the chaosium gold book rules which are still on sale for fantasy grounds and they are *barely* functional , if you wanted a basic set for battlemaps and a dice roller that would pretty much cover it.

Ive been running Runequest glorantha for about 3 years now on roll 20 but that has been bogged down so badly during the lockdown that I couldnt open the NPC sheets last session. And Im bringing the end of season 1 with the completion of 5 eyes temple.

1 hour ago, HeartQuintessence said:

Yeah I am looking at Foundry, but I 'd like to see  something on there for it.

From a new online player of Mythras' perspective it looks quite good, Maps were fun to play on though sound was a little loud on occasion. The character sheets are great and mostly interactive (how much of this is due to GM input, I do not know nor how easy it would be to program). Nor do I know the cost to achieve the high quality VTT that Foundry offered. A caveat, I am using what I have always considered a reasonably good computer though a little old. There was a part that beggared my video capabilities and a fix was not easy or intuitive to achieve in Firefox, note it will not do Safari, did not try Chrome) so I gave up for the very last combat in a detailed temple with a large number of opponents. I went TotM (theatre of the mind) and just used the audio connection to the game (we used Discord to connect via voice)

Hopes this helps

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

19 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

A caveat, I am using what I have always considered a reasonably good computer though a little old. There was a part that beggared my video capabilities and a fix was not easy or intuitive to achieve in Firefox, note it will not do Safari, did not try Chrome) so I gave up for the very last combat in a detailed temple with a large number of opponents. I went TotM (theatre of the mind) and just used the audio connection to the game (we used Discord to connect via voice)

Hopes this helps

It works fine with chrome.