Ernalda's Twins?

Martin

Pelaskos and Poverri are said to be twins - Thunder Rebels p.236.

The two ponies among her handmaidens might, too - Beseta and Besanga, Thunder Rebels p.32, though I have no idea whether they are daughters of the Green Woman.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Could Voriof and Voria be considered twins by some people? It would make sense, though Voria is sometimes kept apart from Voriof for various reasons (for example to make her stand out more clearly in the Maiden-Mother-Crone trinity that Ernalda sometimes appears in). Also Voria's father is not explicitly given, I think? So it could conveniently be Orlanth as with Voriof, but also whoever else fits at any given time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Also Voria's father is not explicitly given, I think? So it could conveniently be Orlanth as with Voriof, but also whoever else fits at any given time.

The family tree in the Glorantha Sourcebook (page 107) has them both as the children of Orlanth and Ernalda together, which supports you.

I think it would make a great deal of sense for them to be twins.

58 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Could Voriof and Voria be considered twins by some people? It would make sense, though Voria is sometimes kept apart from Voriof for various reasons (for example to make her stand out more clearly in the Maiden-Mother-Crone trinity that Ernalda sometimes appears in). Also Voria's father is not explicitly given, I think? So it could conveniently be Orlanth as with Voriof, but also whoever else fits at any given time.

In keeping with the maiden/mother/crone generational shift, both Voria and Babeester should be parthenogenetic births, with Orlanth being the adoptive father (or Ernalda's last lay before getting pregnant). Voriof may appear in Storm Age myths, as stand-in for Varnaval.

But then, if you want to go for complicated twin births, take a look at poor Leda who bore twins to her Lacedemonian husband when Zeus seduced her in swan shape, resulting in her giving birth to two eggs, each of which hatched a pair of twins of the same sex with different fathers. Castor and Helen were the children of Zeus, while Polydeuces and Klytemnaestra were the children of her husband, IIRC. The girls went on to feature in the Troyan war, marrying a pair of brothers and then breaking their vows of fidelity, while the boys were heroes in their own right who somehow missed the fun before Troy.

Telling how it is excessive verbis