Rehearsing Yozarian's Bandit Ducks for SwanCon

Arcadiagt5

Good afternoon all,

There's a reasonable(ish) chance that I'll be remotely GMing Yozarian's Bandit Ducks at SwanCon in Perth over the Anzac Day long weekend. 

So, I was wondering if anyone wanted to play it before then so I can rehearse it. :)

I can probably do tomorrow, Monday, or next weekend. Australian Eastern Time for timezone, but I've got some flexibility on the weekends. :)

I'd need a group of 5 all up. Any takers?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

An underrated module, as many players seem to want to duck its subject matter.

Blows a raspberry in Bill's general direction to suitably applaud that pun. I think that the scenario is, on paper at least, hilarious and I'm looking forward to running it a couple of times. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

Blows a raspberry in Bill's general direction to suitably applaud that pun. I think that the scenario is, on paper at least, hilarious and I'm looking forward to running it a couple of times. 

In the words of St. Howard...”WAUGH!"

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, Wick said:

Hi my tag is Wick, If you need players i am free to give it a shot, never played that module and never played a Duck.

Cool, I have a couple of possible takers (I'm also posting this on Discord) for Saturday 03 April 6PM Melbourne/Sydney/Canberra time. If that suits, and another couple of people confirm, I'll message you with the Roll20 invite.

Edited by Arcadiagt5

Good afternoon all (It is currently 2PM where I'm at), I have about 4 possible takers (who I've already issued invites to) and I'll issue an open invite in a couple of hours.

Those who have already contacted me will get preference for characters. 

The game will be 100% on Roll20, since that's the current plan for SwanCon. 

Also... the current game blurb:

Have you ever wanted to strike a blow for Durulz freedom? To stand up for the oppressed ducks against the evil Humans? Then Yozarian! Wants! You! Yozarian’s Bandit Ducks is a one-shot RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha adventure for 5 players that will be run remotely at SwanCon by John Samuel(1) via Roll20. To join the brave(2) Yozarian you’ll need a Roll20.net account that you can access at the Con. You can create a Roll20 account for free. John will provide the characters, guidance with the rules, and help bring the fun. The game may be streamed at the con over Discord for general hilarity(3). Contact gaming@swancon.com.au for more details.

(1) Who is not bitter about not being at SwanCon. Honest.
(2) Conditions apply.
(3) Technology and participants permitting

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

How did it go? I had a lot of fun when I ran it to my players. 🙂

Fairly well. I need at least 4 hours instead of 3, which probably means splitting it into multiple sessions (SwanCon is a general lit/media/gaming con so pinning down people for 4 hour blocks isn’t really feasible). I probably need to have a discord channel as back up to Roll20 for voip. Most scenes ran fairly well, although I think the grotto scene needs a bit of work on my part, and we didn’t get through that scene fully in the three hour block. I may need to rename the brothers so that their names aren’t so easily confused over VOIP.

• Like 2