Hit Points and Action Points

Averion

Hello,

I would like to dedicate this topic to a more-or-less classic BRP solution related to Toughness and Readiness present in Revolution D100. That is, the usage of unified Hit Points (or Hit Locations Hit Points for those preferring the localised damage), as well as Action Points in general.

I have been considering tweaking Action Points into my own game, as I am currently running on Mythras and seeing a lot of interesting things in Revolution D100. Perhaps it is the slight unfamiliarity of mine on how the Readiness (SR) functions in general as I didn't get to try it just yet.

I would probably assign a unified 2 (or 3) Action Point value per round for every Player Character regardless of their species. Basic movement would be a free action if used to engage an opponent within the non-running/non-sprinting range. Every Action and Reaction would cost a single Action Point, meanwhile various Spells would have Action Point (and Effort, also known as Exertion Points) cost relative to their casting time.

What about the rest of you, have you devised your own alternative of the rules, or perhaps the author himself has some alternative rules in store for us? I'd be very curious to read your input on this matter!

Edited by Averion

Hi Averion and welcome to the madhouse.

Your houserules sound a lot like "Mythras with fixed AP", which is a houserule that many adopt. You are integrating very few, if any, concepts from Revolution, the core is still Mythras. Perhaps you could collect more feedback on the Mythras section.

If you want general suggestions, instead, there are several threads you could browse here. The only piece of advice I wish to provide is "try the rules". Run the Conspiracy Theory or the Quest for Eldorado and tell us how it felt.

• Like 1

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

16 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

Hi Averion and welcome to the madhouse.

Your houserules sound a lot like "Mythras with fixed AP", which is a houserule that many adopt. You are integrating very few, if any, concepts from Revolution, the core is still Mythras. Perhaps you could collect more feedback on the Mythras section.

If you want general suggestions, instead, there are several threads you could browse here. The only piece of advice I wish to provide is "try the rules". Run the Conspiracy Theory or the Quest for Eldorado and tell us how it felt.

I had a few re-readings of the Readiness, and it does sound promising in a way. My initial difficulty was with the text on it being split between multiple chapters, however it was also very sensible to do so, because it touched exact moments of the matter on point.

I will try and see how the SR goes - the Toughness itself sounds like a really nice mechanic, as well as with how the Effort points cause folks to drop unconscious to all the pain more than make a mess of limbs (contrasting to various other BRP-sourced systems).

As some feedback, I can tell you that the best part of your system is the simplicity you've tried to provide - especially within the 15 skills (+traits). This one is an awesome skill framework that for some reason hasn't really been touched much if at all by many others.

Overall I'm very curious of the revised, international version that's coming sometime when it's ready, because it might clear many things up for folks.

• Like 1