Soloquest?

commandercrud

1 minute ago, commandercrud said:

I've never played RuneQuest but would like to learn how to play before introducing it to my group. I see there is a SoloQuest book for an older edition available? How hard would it be to convert that for use while learning the game?

Yes, the RQ2 SoloQuest collection has all three soloquest books in one volume:  https://www.chaosium.com/soloquest-classic-collection-pdf/

(And there is also one soloquest in the RQ Companion book: https://www.chaosium.com/runequest-companion-pdf/ )

Should not require much conversion (look at the conversion notes in back of RQG book).  The RQG characters will be somewhat stronger overall and will have access to Rune Magic that original RQ2 characters rarely had.  There will be no Runes or Passions included.  If the foes have Rune spells, assume they are cast successfully.  Remove any Defense (and replace with a Dodge ability, probably at 2 or 3x DEX %).  Should not be much else you'll need to do.

Scorpion Hall will be the most challenging of the soloquests. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've played SoloQuest (Scorpion Hall) using RQG rules and the pregenerated characters. While the RQG pregens are a bit more powerful than the mid-range RQ2 characters assumed by the solo, the adventure remains very challenging and even deadly. Yes, it was THAT brutal.

It's easy to convert on the fly.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smiorgan said:

I've played SoloQuest (Scorpion Hall) using RQG rules and the pregenerated characters. While the RQG pregens are a bit more powerful than the mid-range RQ2 characters assumed by the solo, the adventure remains very challenging and even deadly. Yes, it was THAT brutal.

It's easy to convert on the fly.    

I concur. I have created a quite capable character using RQG and raided the Scorpion Hall thinking that surely this character, who was a lot more powerful than a RQ2 character, would clean the place in one go. He did but he barely made it out alive.

I pretty much used the stats from the book as is, only ignoring the defense stat.

• Like 3