Looking for an online game

RhinoDino1973

Hi!  I'm new to Runequest and I'm looking for an online game.  I've also posted in Roll20 and FGU.  I'm in PST.  Wednesday and Thursday evenings are open.  Saturdays and Sundays I have a little more flexibility.  Reach out if you have a group that needs another player or if you'd like to start up something.  Thank you for reading!  

1 minute ago, RhinoDino1973 said:

Hi!  I'm new to Runequest and I'm looking for an online game.  I've also posted in Roll20 and FGU.  I'm in PST.  Wednesday and Thursday evenings are open.  Saturdays and Sundays I have a little more flexibility.  Reach out if you have a group that needs another player or if you'd like to start up something.  Thank you for reading!  

You might also like to post in #LFG over at the Chaosium Discord: https://discord.gg/4kZPYU7A

51 minutes ago, RhinoDino1973 said:

I have not considered Play by Post.  I'm not sure how that works as I have little experience with that form of play.  Do you have a Play by Post game with an opening, Godlearner?

I do not currently run one, although I have in the past. There is a site called RPOL.net which hosts such games. You need to create and account, but its totally free. You can search for games in their forums. I have seen RQ games there. The play by post has the advantage of the player not having to be online at eh same time, in fact a lot of times players and the GM are in vastly different time zones. The posting rate differs by game from multiple times a day to once a week. Its up to the GM to fix that.  

7 hours ago, RhinoDino1973 said:

Hi, ffilz.  Thanks for reaching out.  8pm start time may be too late for me.  How long are your sessions? 

2 hours, sometimes running up to 30 minutes longer.

Start time is so late to make sure kids are into bed by the time I start, and that I have at least a bit of time to get out of dad mode and into GM mode.

2 hours ago, Godlearner said:

I do not currently run one, although I have in the past. There is a site called RPOL.net which hosts such games. You need to create and account, but its totally free. You can search for games in their forums. I have seen RQ games there. The play by post has the advantage of the player not having to be online at eh same time, in fact a lot of times players and the GM are in vastly different time zones. The posting rate differs by game from multiple times a day to once a week. Its up to the GM to fix that.  

There have also been RQ games on Unseen Servant ( https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/ ). I did try running one there, but realized that running detailed combat in play by post was going to be tortuous.

7 hours ago, ffilz said:

2 hours, sometimes running up to 30 minutes longer.

Start time is so late to make sure kids are into bed by the time I start, and that I have at least a bit of time to get out of dad mode and into GM mode.

Oh, that's very reasonable.  I was thinking you wouldn't end until 12am or 1am which is waaay too late for me on a school night.  I could do that timeframe.  Well, let me know if you have an open spot and how you'd like to proceed.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, RhinoDino1973 said:

Oh, that's very reasonable.  I was thinking you wouldn't end until 12am or 1am which is waaay too late for me on a school night.  I could do that timeframe.  Well, let me know if you have an open spot and how you'd like to proceed.  Thanks!

Oh, that would be way too late for me. It isn't too late for some of my players, I have one on the East Coast and several in Central Time Zone. Part of the opening may be the East Coast player not being able to sustain the schedule now that he's graduated from college...

22 hours ago, ffilz said:

There have also been RQ games on Unseen Servant ( https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/ ). I did try running one there, but realized that running detailed combat in play by post was going to be tortuous.

That is an issue with play-by-post, but it can be dealt with by asking for multiple rolls from players with statement of intent.