Munchrooms

dvdmacateer

1 hour ago, coffeemancer said:

I cast "summon @Bill the barbarian"

Poof <cough, cough>, er yes...

5 hours ago, dvdmacateer said:

Has any of you ran Munchrooms from Trollpak?.  I offered to run this but the prep for it has made me think I may have bit off a lot more than I can chew.

it is a bit of work, I have run it a few times from the trollkin point of view and quite enjoy running it, but yes the prep is there and hard to avoid... the biggest thing is it will require a bit of a change to start and that the GM take note of a few realities...

• Spoiler
    • Run it over a few seasons for RQG (RQ3 has it in three distinct attacks in Dark Season with each one adding new attackers and strategies until the full compliment is sent in in the third attack, and is much better for the poor GM and the players alike). This will allow the party to return home for occupations/healing/repairs/reinforcements/refuels as needed. Also, it will be much easier to chew in smaller bites. 
    • It will be dark, unless the party  can find away around this with spells or torches/lanterns/fires or...
    • The trollkin will not be fans of fires in their homes. In fact I had the mobs be downright frightened and a bit of a pain around fire. 
    • A real disadvantage/advantage are the mobs, which will they be for your group? Will, they eat all the adventurers organic gear or food? Will they thwart the Troll attacks with earth moving tools. Used well, they should be great to have around. Feel free to add as much slapstick as you can!
    • Get around the above by having an all troll/trollkin group (except the slapstick)! 
    • Have the adventurers choose how to spend cash and who they will hire be a separate day from the attacks so you can research the hirelings between games. They are complex so will need a bit of thought to use well.
    • Feel free to copy and paste all spells (or bookmark them) to be used by both forces to one easy to find place for reference... and pre-do effects from Strength spells and other such characteristic effecting spells. 
    • If using multiple fronts as RQ2 and RQ3 recommend do not roll the non-visible fronts and use handwaving based on the adventurers plans and known troll plans as well as to serve the story. 
    • If you do not have the RQ3 trollpak ask me about using the three different assaults ramp ups. 

As this will be a fair bit of work, make life easy by not including Passions and augments. You will need Runes for the few initiates (and better) and Rune Spells as well. See the note on doing prep on spells. 

Good luck and let us know how it went. 

53 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

I have run it, years ago. It was fun, but tough for the PCs. Lots of planning and fighting. A bit like "The seven samurai".

Yep! 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Glad to return all your assistance with Roll20, now, if I may ask a favour... please use spoilers as I have players here on BRP central ... and I am running Munchrooms yet again. 

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!