Flotsam & Jetsam - Keeper's questions *SPOILERS*

Daimond

I have read the whole F&J campaign and I see the problems with it for me as a Keeper. In my opinion the 4 scenarios is good on its own, but is they really works good as a campaign? I will write the problems that I encounters here, please explain to me how to deal with them:

1. The whole campaign is about Deep Ones. There is no variety of villains, its just Deep Ones, Hybrids and bootleggers. Is it really ok for players to encounter the same thing over and over again, as it just blows away the significant part of mystery?

2. The pause between the 2nd and 3nd scenario is 1 year. How to manage that as a keeper?

3. There is no magic tomes in the whole campaign, so, the investigators have -1 thing to do beetwen scenarios things to do between scenarios (and this time can be big).

4. There is no arch-villain of any kind, and the final scenario does not look as a satisfying or epic conclusion of campaign. Its looks like just a regular scenario and I didn’t see the reasons why campaign should ends here at all. For example, I have read the Time For Harvest and it looks more “complete” as a campaign and with more variety.

• Like 1

1) I mixed it up by inserting some additional scenarios in between—ran Flotsam & Jetsam 1 and 2, then two other scenarios before part 3, then two more before part 4.

2) See above—I inserted a couple other scenarios to help the time pass and to keep things fresh. However, the second scenario does leave you with a few tools to play with (if your chosen investigator takes the needle) to help fill that time.

3) Maybe insert a scenario that makes a tome available.

4) I can’t comment; my group is actually in the midst of the extra scenario I inserted just before Flotsam & Jetsam Part 4. We should be starting in within the next several weeks, but we’re not there yet.

• 2 years later...

2 years later I finally find this thread again.
My mistake was confusing Inheritance - the Floatasm and Jetsam scenario with The Crawlfod Inheritance (which is also a Innsmouth scenario with a similar twist) and the name of the third scenario, The Saltwater Inheritance.

Edited by Kettlehelm
  • Like 1