Good Christmas/Holidays/Winter scenarios?

AJ The Ronin

A few I'm aware of--most of which I haven't actually played:

• "Christmas in Kingsport" from The Eldritch New England Holiday Collection -- It's third party published, but I've generally found Golden Goblin Press's work to be of high quality. Of note, the investigators play as preteen cousins.
  • Cold Warning -- Also Golden Goblin Press. Set in the dead of winter, with events in both Arkham and rural Maine.
  • Trail of Tsathogghua -- Classic Chaosium scenario published in the 1980s. Officially set in late spring/early summer, but with events in Greenland and Canada, so plenty snowy and wintry-feeling.
  • Beyond the Mountains of Madness -- Another classic scenario from the Eighties, set in Antarctica and written as a functional sequel to Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention I'm the coauthor of Prisoners' Dilemma, a Miskatonic Repository scenario set in the wintry wilderness of the Soviet Union circa January 1929, and inspired by the true life Dyatlov Pass Incident.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joe Kenobi said:

A few I'm aware of--most of which I haven't actually played:

• "Christmas in Kingsport" from The Eldritch New England Holiday Collection -- It's third party published, but I've generally found Golden Goblin Press's work to be of high quality. Of note, the investigators play as preteen cousins.
  • Cold Warning -- Also Golden Goblin Press. Set in the dead of winter, with events in both Arkham and rural Maine.
  • Trail of Tsathogghua -- Classic Chaosium scenario published in the 1980s. Officially set in late spring/early summer, but with events in Greenland and Canada, so plenty snowy and wintry-feeling.
  • Beyond the Mountains of Madness -- Another classic scenario from the Eighties, set in Antarctica and written as a functional sequel to Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention I'm the coauthor of Prisoners' Dilemma, a Miskatonic Repository scenario set in the wintry wilderness of the Soviet Union circa January 1929, and inspired by the true life Dyatlov Pass Incident.

My Russian wife is a go for all things Soviet. I will check out Prisoner’s Dilemma!

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

On 11/28/2021 at 3:05 PM, rsanford said:

My Russian wife is a go for all things Soviet. I will check out Prisoner’s Dilemma!

If I might recommend then "Machine Tractor Station Kharkov-37". Technically it is set at the end of the winter of 1933, but I can't imagine that's a deal breaker.  Here's a very recent actual play of it (4 1-hour segments released so far) - - https://www.apocalypseplayers.com/e/machine-tractor-station-kharkov-37-ep-01-the-rabbit/