BRP Central Site Developments

Trifletraxor

As you might have noticed, the old smileys are back and the quickreply function have been amped up some levels. Hopefully the ugly smileys will stay away.

I'm currently working on getting a review function up and running again. The old review software was not compatible with the new forum software, and the beta version that is supposed to be compatible is full of bugs. I've been trying to tweak the CMS to take over this function, and made one testrun for Fractured worlds. Have a look and tell me what you think. You can both rate it and review the products: http://basicroleplaying.com/content.php/36-Fractured-Hopes

If this works out, I'll port over the reviews from the old software and open this possibility for all the other published products.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I can't rate the work or view the review.

When I try to rate the book, I recieve:

cjbowser, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If I click on the review link, it just takes me back to the Fractured Hopes page.

I can't rate the work or view the review.

If I click on the review link, it just takes me back to the Fractured Hopes page.

I applaud the star review system. The page looks fine, but I can't interact with it, so all I can say is you're off to a good start.

Thanks, that's valueable feedback. I think the permissions are set correct now so you can both review and rate. Give it another go! :)

SGL.

I can view the review, but receive the same error when trying to rate a book.

Do you get that message when clicking on the stars within the page that shows the blurb + review? (or the pencil? that's the edit button)

SGL.

I click on the pencil, see the drop down box with the star ratings, select a radio button, click 'vote now' and receive the message.

Okay, should be fixed now! Had to change some permissions 4 different places.

SGL.

EDIT: Still not working. Hmmm....

Edited by Trifletraxor

The rating thing is a confirmed bug for the software, to be fixed with the next maintenance release. So, we'll have to wait a bit longer for that one. But the review function should work. I'll port over all the reviews for the old review software, and then open all the products for new reviews afterwards.

Cheers,

Sverre.

All the BRP reviews except cjbowser's ones (have to wait till he's not online!) have been ported over to the CMS. The possibility of adding reviews have now been included for all the published products. Go ahead and write your reviews! :)

Star-rating will be avaiable when the next maintenance release for the forum software is released.

SGL.