Weedings from the Q&A thread

threedeesix

Not in the core rules (as it's never been a characteristic of BRP), but there's no reason a GM couldn't reward automatic skill checks or the like as a reward.

This is what I have been doing. When one of my players fast talked his way out of a bad situation using only his roleplaying ability I still had him check the Fast Talk skill.

Sometimes, if the roleplaying is VERY impressive, I let them make an immediate check for skill increase.

Rodney

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

This is what I have been doing. When one of my players fast talked his way out of a bad situation using only his roleplaying ability I still had him check the Fast Talk skill.

Sometimes, if the roleplaying is VERY impressive, I let them make an immediate check for skill increase.

Rodney

I'm not keep on improvemnt as a reward. I could see improving a particular skill that was used well through. Like if a player managed to do an amazing job fast talking people I could see an improvement in that particular skill.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Rodney

I practice the same. This is a good system to reward players. :)

Just POW could be interesting. Almost on par with physic abilities or mutations. Someone who could fly or run fast but nothing else.

During the playtest I created all the characters from the TV show "Heroes" using this method as they all only have one power for the most part.

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

During the playtest I created all the characters from the TV show "Heroes" using this method as they all only have one power for the most part.

THe only problem I can see id that some powers need to be bought by SIZ. For instance Speed and Flight in WoW were SIZ based. So a POW 11 SIZ 13 character would be out of luck.

Or is there a option to be able to buy at least one level of a power?

THe only problem I can see id that some powers need to be bought by SIZ. For instance Speed and Flight in WoW were SIZ based. So a POW 11 SIZ 13 character would be out of luck.

Or is there a option to be able to buy at least one level of a power?

Its not one point for one point. I don't want to go into further detail due to the non-disclosure agreement. I'm sure Jason could though.

Rod

The non-disclosure agreement can't possibly still be in effect when they have started to sell the proofreading copies.

SGL.

Good point, i'm just so used to saying that I guess.

SGL.

I don't remember what it was in WOW, but the cost to purchase Flight now is 1 per Level and each level will lift 3 SIZ. So to purchase the power for my adaption of Nathan Petrelli from "Heroes" only cost me 5 points. This left me plenty to boost his speed.

Rod

Good point, i'm just so used to saying that I guess.

I don't remember what it was in WOW, but the cost to purchase Flight now is 1 per Level and each level will lift 3 SIZ. So to purchase the power for my adaption of Nathan Petrelli from "Heroes" only cost me 5 points. This left me plenty to boost his speed.

Rod

Thanks.

Ah, in WoW it You needed 1 point of flight per SIZ. So the new version is 3 times more efficient.

I was thinking though that since Flight used to give 500m/MR I could just cut down on the speed. So if you had 1/2 the levels need you moved at 250m/MR.