Lords of the Middle Sea Update: fiery destruction and the state of things

MOB

loms-logo.png

Lords of the Middle Sea: The Roleplaying Game is in development. Based on Lynn Willis's 1978 futuristic proto-Steampunk board game, set in the post-apocalyptic ruins of a flooded North America, the tabletop RPG utilizes a streamlined version of the Basic Roleplaying system.

Jason Durall, creative lead for the project, writes:

Just a long-overdue update on the state of things:

• The first third of the book is through external editing.
  • The line editor (me) is taking most of the month of September to focus on getting the rest of the manuscript complete.
  • We currently have four adventures in hand from external writers, and depending on the manuscript's length, one or more of them will be in the core book or will follow as an adventure sourcebook.
  • Art is still coming in. Here is one of the recent pieces by the always-amazing Ossi Hiekkala, depicting the fiery destruction of an airship as witnessed from inside the cockpit of the Bella Dama:

303202483-478578827608965-1216846964150140929-n.jpeg

Edited by MOB
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 5:24 PM, smiorgan said:

Lock up @Jason D with food provisions (maybe also alcohol) and have him finish the damn thing! Here people badly need to shoot down an airship or two 😜

Absolutely alcohol. 

I am currently ensconced at a German schloss in the remote western reaches of Brandenburg, literally the least populated region in Germany, and once the work for Cults of Glorantha is done I'll be moving back to the Middle Sea manuscript. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1