Bloodlust for Stormbringer

Ravenheart87

In the back of a Ringworld booklet I saw an ad for Bloodlust by Theatre Of the Mind Enterprises, inc. promising "Multiple interlocking scenarios combine to form an epic adventure for use with the STORMBRINGER role playing game." Does anyone know anything about this project? Did it ever see the light in any form?

Edited by Ravenheart87

Wielder of the Vorpal Mace.

As far as I know Bloodlust was a French RPG published in the 90s where you could play sentient weapons (I never played, I might be wrong) but I am not aware of any english translation or connection with Stormbringer.

Theater of the Mind has published the Octagon of Chaos for Stormbringer in the 80s https://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=1107.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have Octagon of Chaos and it's not bad, though I haven't run it. Theater of the Mind did mostly Cthulhu titles. Some of their scenarios, including OoC have a 'timer' mechanism which dictates certain events will happen at certain times, whatever the players are up to. In practice I've found such timers constraining, and have dumped or fudged them in actual play (players are none the wiser in any case).

17 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

As far as I know Bloodlust was a French RPG published in the 90s where you could play sentient weapons (I never played, I might be wrong) (...)

You're right. It was a game by Croc, the man that did the original In Nomine game (very different from the US version, by the way). It used a D100 skill-based roll-under system that was not BRP, but seemed very combat-oriented. Weapons attributes included a series of "drives" : Sex, Violence, Reputation...

Obviously, StormBringer -the demon/weapon, not the game- was an inspiration, along with Conan's adventure. The box featured the famous "DeathDealer" by Franzetta.

A new version was released in the 2010s, with a completely different system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mugen said:

A new version was released in the 2010s, with a completely different system.

Wow! I didn't know that! I'll search for it just for fun.

The Death Dealer cover always made me curious, and is perhaps the only reason I vaguely know about the game, but at the time, my plate was full with RuneQuest, Stormbringer, Call of Cthulhu, GURPS, Champions, Talislanta, Rolemaster... Good years...

9 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Wow! I didn't know that! I'll search for it just for fun.

The Death Dealer cover always made me curious, and is perhaps the only reason I vaguely know about the game, but at the time, my plate was full with RuneQuest, Stormbringer, Call of Cthulhu, GURPS, Champions, Talislanta, Rolemaster... Good years...

The latest edition didn't even have the Death Dealer !

https://www.legrog.org/jeux/bloodlust/bloodlust-metal/bloodlust-metal-fr