The River of Heaven, where does it flow?

Conrad

"D101 Presents “The River of Heaven”

It is the dawn of the 28th Century.

The Third Renaissance, or Bright Age as future historians will call it, is at its zenith.

After the catastrophic first contact with extra-terrestrial life that led to the horrific Solar System war, humanity clawed its way back from the brink and finally reached the stars. For millions of people, Earth’s sun is no more than another star in the night sky, a mote of light, a spiritual birthplace that they will never visit in their lifetimes.

It has been over a century since the Machine Civilisation gifted humanity technological marvels such as the Visser Cube, allowing wormhole travel across the vast chasms of interstellar space. Now interstellar distances grow ever shorter. How the myriad of splintered cultures view this gift varies. Some see it as a blessing, a way to draw humanity into a united whole. Others see it as a curse, robbing them of their individuality. And then there are those who would use it as a means to subjugate humanity and impose their own will upon all…

Across the river of heaven, humanity clings to a scattering of islands in a sea of stars. Players can take on a multitude of roles in this future: a crew member on an interstellar trader, a member of the mysterious Engineers’ Guild, a body-hopping Intercessionist agent – out to manipulate human cultures to its own secret ends, a Renouncer Zealot – intent on destroying Artificial Intelligence in all its forms, or perhaps one of the Reclaimers – planetary engineers dedicated to terraforming any viable planet they happen upon…"

Is this project still on track for a late 2010 release; anyone in the know?

Edited by Conrad
Jus' chekin'
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok the 'official' state of River of Heaven is that its now in internal playtesting. John Ossoway, the Author of RoH, has the complete playtest rules written and is now running it through with his home group. We're a bit behind because of various real life knocks, but I'm pretty confident you see it by Summer 2010 at the very latest.

So in short its not vapourware, but you'll have to wait a little bit longer.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

Gentlemen, Newt has just shown us that having to roll for Speak or Write Own language is not a redunancy. You can actually fail the roll. Thank you, Newt :)

I suppose it was Summer 2011, isn't it?

Redunancy? Don't you mean redundancy?

... but I'm pretty confident you see it by Summer 2010 at the very latest.

So in short its not vapourware, but you'll have to wait a little bit longer.

Temporal (and spelling) anomalies aside, I wish the whole venture good luck and hyperspeed.;t)

By the way Newt, I always thought it was "toodle pip".

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

;D Well, this further proves that a roll is necessary to avoid typos.

I'd like to reduce "redunancy" further to make the word "redunacy". It would mean "going overboard regarding redundancy". Who says that failing a language roll can't lead to being creative.;)