clockwork men/warforged/ironborn for BRP

Charlie D.

I will hopefully be starting a Chronicles of Future Earth campaign next week and I wondered if any BRP books contain clockwork men like the warforged from Eberron, the ironborn of Questhaven, or going way back a Data like character like TNG. Heck even the Tin Man comes close.

Basically, I'm looking for a living race not robots that were forged or created by magic-tech. A living construct.

Thanks.

Edited by Kruvil

I don't know of any races out there in print, but here's how I'd go about it:

- Give the player a pool of points for attributes instead of rolling randomly.

- Look over the super powers & mutation lists in the Big Gold Book and choose a few that fit the concept.

- Consider if magic or psionics are appropriate for the race. If not make sure players know they cannot take them.

Not to difficult, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure how much use it will be to you. It not the rules version I usually use so I pulled down a copy of one of it's supplements, White Wolf, because I knew it had a clockwork knight in it but the write up is decidedly uninspiring. So you might actually want to hold of on picking up Stormbringer unless you want it anyway.

There was a wonderful discussion about AI and how to run it on this board that might be of use to you. I'll poke around and see if I can find it. There is also a bit on Abominations in The Bronze Grimoire that might be of use to you. I'll pull the book and take a look when I have a chance.

70/420

OK, this is going to sound wierd, but there is a new game called Oz Dark and Terrible that has just that sort of material...speaking of the tin man... They include rules for automatons and animated puppet type beings called...anidum, I think. It's put out by a company called Emerald City Games, again, I think.

Basically, I'm looking for a living race not robots that were forged or created by magic-tech. A living construct.

The Venator, Benedictor and Warhounds (The Enslaved) from the Mongoose RQ Monsters II supplement are magically created constructs.

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Forthcoming book for RQ2, Age of Treason (as announced in S&P88), will include rules for creating golem constructs. They are setting-specific, but portable if they fit with your world. They are not geared towards making it easy, but a major feat of enchantment - and what you usually get is a basic working model that can serve as a platform for augmentation spells that can make it very powerful. But they are very flexible - pick your basic material (flesh, stone, wood, metal etc) and the characteristics you want it to have - then the functionality (skills) you need.