Cults of RuneQuest Announcement!

svensson

5 hours ago, Techpriest said:

Solar deities are a large minor faction in every nation in Dragon Pass, same with the Lunars. If they don't get cult books in the same year I'll be VERY disappointed. We got 4 cult books this year, so I'm hoping we'll get another 4 - Lunar, Solar, Darkness, and Sea. That way we've got all the elemental pantheons out of the way and with them the majority of cults you'd expect people to follow around Dragon Pass and the southern coasts. 

We know Solar follows Lunar, as far as cult books go.  I think there's an almost 0% chance we don't get at least both of those in 2024.  Jeff Richard apparently mentioned in a recent interview that there will be 6-8 RQ books over a 12 month period going forward. 

• Helpful 1

18 minutes ago, metcalph said:

I think the Darkness and Chaos books won't be needed so soon as we already have Cults of Terror and Trollpak. I'm struggling to muster much enthusiasm for the water book and think that spirits will next in line after the Solars.  I could (probably will) be wrong. 

I'm personally very interested in the Water pantheon book because the lack of previous coverage just about forces them to introduce a lot of new material in that volume.  The Earth and Lightbringers books are useful, but very little of it is new.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jens said:

Playing a shaman, I’m selfishly awaiting the Spirit volume. Very much looking forward to Spirit Societies being elabourated. 

I love shamans as co-equal (to LM/IO) as "lore-giver" NPC's for newbie players and those seeking specialized info.

As a GM, I see the Horned God / Shaman book as only a half-step behind the Lightbringers/EarthGoddesses/Mythology trio, and likely ahead of *several* Cults books that (AFAIK) Chaosium is bringing out first.

C'es ne pas un .sig

23 hours ago, Jason Farrell said:

We know Solar follows Lunar, as far as cult books go.  I think there's an almost 0% chance we don't get at least both of those in 2024.  Jeff Richard apparently mentioned in a recent interview that there will be 6-8 RQ books over a 12 month period going forward. 

If I had to guess for 4 of them, I'd think we'd get the Lunar and Solar pantheon books, then Guide to Dragon Pass, then the Sartar book. After that, my money is on at least two more Cults books to keep up the pace for them from last year. 

12 hours ago, Techpriest said:

If I had to guess for 4 of them, I'd think we'd get the Lunar and Solar pantheon books, then Guide to Dragon Pass, then the Sartar book. 

This is what Jeff said on Facebook on 6 November:

"Given that the Dragon Pass book is in layout, and Sartar is shortly after (with the Solar book in between) ...".

• Thanks 1