Out Now in Print: Old Pavis - The City that Time Forgot!

Ian A. Thomson

WELCOME TO OLD PAVIS - 1619 S.T.

• Big expansions on the classic cults of Pavis, Flintnail and others;
  • Oodles of information about the Manside Clans, the dwarfs of Old Pavis (inc. their bizarre weaponry), and the Priests of Pavis;
  • Highly detailed guides and maps of the Real City and the New Flintnail Temple;
  • A full Old Pavic Homeland background & character-generation section;
  • A new multi-part scenario set in New Pavis and the Big Rubble; and
  • The epic-length Part 02 of the scenario: Ghost in the Darkness that began in Vol. 01.
  • Separate included downloads: 'List of All Spells in Vols. 01 & 02'; 'List of all Cults in both books'; 'one coloured map for the main scenario'.

"I was one of the Players in the Australian run-through of Ian's campaign, and I had a huge amount of fun. His ideas are a wonderful YGWV take on Old Pavis and the whole 'Grand Plan' idea." Andrew 'Sergeant Barayl' Bean (Chaosium Convention Coordinator in ANZ/APAC)

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/430121/Old-Pavis-The-City-that-Time-Forgot-RuneQuest

Main contributors/volunteers will of course be getting links for their copy sent to them shortly if they haven't already

Huge gratitude once again to these people, without whom these two books would absolutely not have been possible!!!

Vol. 01 is still discounted until March 14th, so if anyone doesn't have that yet, now is a good time if you want it. If you already have Vol. 01, remember also that it was updated to Vsn 1.5 a couple of days ago on DriveThru, so download a new copy there for yourselves.

Vol02_SampleCover.jpg

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

Right now: #8 of all bestselling titles on DTRPG.

image.png.50bef2dd81efc68df557ee584c926a63.png

And the #1 best-selling community content title:

image.png.42d770a1c21ffbffa767a6f2273bcb40.png

Edited by Brian Duguid
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

• 5 weeks later...

Dario is powering through the image enhancements :)

Looks very likely that it will be sometime this month that Vol. 02 will be updated to the colour-image version

I'm going to do all of the rest of the books with many colour images from now on, to save having to update them later

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 6

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

• 2 weeks later...

VOLS. 1&2 of the P&BR Companion Director's Cut just got updated on Drivethrurpg.com!! :)

VOL. 01 - A few corrections, added snippets of new and revised information, replacement of 3 or 4 images with better quality or colored versions, one credit added in the general acknowledgments that was missed.

VOL. 02 - MANY new colored images replacing the b&w ones, thanks to Dario Corallo being back on the team! Yay! Plus a handful of corrections and revisions of small pieces of the text to match the unfolding material in Vol. 03

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fabian has just uploaded to Drivethrurpg the latest (probably final) version of Vol. 02

The previews haven't changed yet when I refresh the page, but the date of last upload suddenly says 'today' so it should be there as a new version for everyone who already has it...

With the following change notes:

• FANTASTIC new colored geographical map of the Real City by artist Roy Duffy
  • Corrections & slight revisions to the Real Inn article
  • Minor revisions to the Real City article
  • Added borders to a few images to make 'em look more zippy! :)
  • Handful of other corrections/alterations
  • Plus a new Handout PDF: printable game-aid map of the series' larger version of the Big Rubble, for Players to scribble all over
Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Great summary by Nick, so I will post it here:

Pavis County & Beyond: Secrets of the Borderlands,The third volume of Pavis & Big Rubble Companion material to be revised and reissued on the Jonstown Compendium covers adventurer creation (inc. family history and local cults) for natives of rural Pavis County and the Zebra Tribe. Four full scenarios follow – The Corflu Connection, Problems with Neighbours, Crimson Shadows Over Prax and Echoes of Evil – with a smattering of ideas for how to link them into your campaign. Next are maps and gazetteers for eight prominent settlements in the Zola Fel Valley: Old Fort, Indagos, Garhound, Ronegarth, Weis, Horn Gate, Sun Dome (Town, not Temple) and Corflu. The book wraps up with twenty pages of room-by-room notes on how the author ran and expanded the classic Borderlands campaign; the Adventures section has more suggestions for how to merge that with a Pavis-based campaign, in which the adventurers become wide-ranging troubleshooters for Duke Raus of Rone. ($18.00 for 254 pages)

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/448641/Pavis-County--Beyond-Secrets-of-the-Borderlands-RuneQuest?src=newest_community

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The PDFs have just been updated for Vols. 1 & 2

Change notes for Vol. 01:
Just after the P.O.D. layout was complete we noticed that the titles for Zebra Stockade, Zebraside and (in one case) Badside were confusing as to which entry belonged to which location. This has been corrected in this final version of the pdf, and an errata note placed prominently in its early pages to clarify what the mistakes were and how to update them.

Change Notes for Vol. 02:
A number of corrections and clarifications; plus two revised Rubble locations in the Gazetteer - inspired by the creation of the Vol. 04 scenarios.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATED PDFS NOW ON THE JONSTOWN COMPENDIUM:

VOL. 01: PDF has been updated for the final time. It wasn't going to be replaced again, since it already had an update after the POD was produced. (Due to some errors being noticed literally a day or two after the POD was finalized.) However, since Dario created a new map of the Big Rubble for Vol. 02, we thought we'd put this in the Vol. 01 pdf as well! (So it has replaced the original Players' & GM's versions, one nice and empty, and one with named primary locations.) Likewise the printable handout has been replaced with a blank version of the new map. (Big thanks to Simon Phipp for letting us use his version of the Big Rubble map prior to this point.)

VOL. 02: The aforementioned new map of the Big Rubble replaces the GM's Master Map in this book - the one with both named locations and a gazetteer of numbered locations too. We also added a new page at the end, with the cults of Buserian & Lokarnos. These would ideally have gone into Vol. 01 as they are a couple of standard cults for Suntown (as well as Sun County), but I only thought of doing them a week or so ago. There have also been a number of small alterations to information about places in the Big Rubble, made to match the Rubble section of Vol. 04 as it evolves. (AND, 'oh happy joy', all of this was done _before_ it went to POD layout!) :)

VOL. 03: The first round of minor error and formatting corrections.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vol. 02: "Old Pavis: The City that Time Forgot" Now Available in POD

Another big Thank You to Nick Brooke for converting the pdf to a printable hardcopy version!

And as always, massive gratitude to the wonderful collaborators/assistants without whom this series would simply not be possible to continue with!

https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/430121/old-pavis-the-city-that-time-forgot-runequest

Vol02_Promo.jpg

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 5

• Nick Brooke changed the title to Out Now in Print: Old Pavis - The City that Time Forgot!
  • 2 weeks later...

My copy just arrived, amazing how much is packed into this book!

20231021_111609.thumb.jpg.9ab21b1b8b4754a95b86bf79ec448761.jpg20231021_111652.thumb.jpg.e3889a44c6a2bc8d928c79cf44aedea9.jpg20231021_111706.thumb.jpg.f140e20bd88af4d59f868d0e97df8c0a.jpg20231021_111721.thumb.jpg.6d8f314922f5cf1f0c72064f63c8f453.jpg20231021_111730.thumb.jpg.fd25b03d4bad6cea99ad4e99febcc01f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.