BRP:UGE Alternate Covers

DreadDomain

I very much like the design and composition of the new cover but keeps nagging at me that it feels too tame, too unassuming. The BGB cover feels a bit more in your face and it occurred to me that on the UGE cover, everything seems too small.

• "Basic" is too small and too low, leaving heaps of blank space at the top
  • The Vitruvian is too small and not centered
  • The credit line is too high, leaving lots of free space at the bottow.
  • The BRP and Chaosium logos are too small. come on, be proud!

For a bit of fun I have played with alternate covers playing with the same composition. Now this was a "1-hour" project and I am sure that what I have cooked up is "all wrong" but hey, it was fun.

Here is my favorite so far. I played with it because I wanted a single female face and I came up with this. The copy paste is terrible but we get the idea

BRP Vitruvian Amazon

BRPVitruvianAmazon.thumb.png.9aea3fbc2d182d9a5ddf8ccd633f05d7.png

Edited by DreadDomain

1 minute ago, groovyclam said:

I think all that needs doing is this ( to unclutter the Vitruvian graphic and make more use of the deadspace ). The current Vitruvian is still the best option since is covers more genres in its design.

That was exactly my first attempt but I still thought the top logo needed some more punch. The current Vitruvian makes more sense for sure. I just find it less pleasing to look at then the others. I think the split face is what throws me off.

I think you've gone too far with the logo - it's not easily readable.

I think if the long hair of the female half wasn't quite so long and her widow's peak joined with the man's hairline, and the skin colour difference was less jarring ( light green or a shade of red ) it might blend better overall.

Edited by groovyclam

18 minutes ago, groovyclam said:

I think you've gone too far with the logo - it's not easily readable.

Yes, I agree it might too big and of course the resolution not being great doesn't help.

Here was my first attempt. Bigger logos (top and bottom), zoomed in Vitruvian and less dead space.

BRPBigger.thumb.png.203b3ecd99235f4c26aab80634bad290.png

18 minutes ago, groovyclam said:

I think if the long hair of the female half wasn't quite so long and her widow's peak joined with the man's hairline, and the skin colour difference was less jarring ( light green or a shade of red ) it might blend better overall.

And the misaligned eyes... I'd rather have only the female or male face, not a mashup.

Edited by DreadDomain