Raven's Stepladder

Erol of Backford

TotRM 12 p.59 - Curious if you use Raven's Stepladder to get to the Gods World where do you end up if you walk any direction from the orchard. Where are you actually on the Gods Plane, I suppose you could be anywhere but might it place you in or on the edge of a Great-Tree Forest, say at the base of the Spike or would you be maybe is Genert's garden? GtG 02 p.681

Did Aldrya’s tree at the top of the spike die when the spike exploded? GtG 02 p.680

On 7/31/2023 at 4:14 AM, Erol of Backford said:

TotRM 12 p.59 - Curious if you use Raven's Stepladder to get to the Gods World where do you end up if you walk any direction from the orchard. Where are you actually on the Gods Plane, I suppose you could be anywhere but might it place you in or on the edge of a Great-Tree Forest, say at the base of the Spike or would you be maybe is Genert's garden? GtG 02 p.681

I use it as a medicine bundle (per Nomad God's), in short it's the focus of Raven's spirit cult. A shaman would use it as the focus of an Axis Mundi to shortcut access to the spirit tree where the Three Feathered Friends can be found in the spirit world. (I always thought Scott's version was way too complicated and large)

But if it's that powerful and you can leave the area of the tree, place it in a orchard in Genert's Garden.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

If you know the Myth you can walk there, in my opinion. That means that people who know lots of myths are more powerful HeroQuestors.

So, you could put it in Prax and travel to Genert's Garden and the nearby places, or could put it in an Aldryami Forest and access the forest in the God Time.

Did Aldrya’s tree at the top of the spike die when the spike exploded? GtG 02 p.680

Yes, I think it did. Everything within and on the Spike died, except for a few lucky survivors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here