Red Goddess Rune Spells

MagikarpHunter

I've got a player that's probably going to be joining the Red Goddess cult very soon, so in absence of the Lunar cults book for now, I made my own RQG cult for her. The one thing I'm not 100% on was the Rune Spells since she's got a lot of associated cults and the RBoM has a lot of new spells with the Moon Rune that I didn't want to just give all of to her, so I thought I'd see what you kind folks have to say on my choices. I'm aware her spirit magic selection and her unique Lunar magic are also things to consider but I'm happier with making own complete spins on them.

Common Rune Spells: All

Special Rune Magic: Benison, Chaos Gift, Cyclical, Glowspot, Madness, Rapture, Reflection, Resist Pain, Sprout Arms, Vesper

Associated Cults

Primal Chaos gives Chaos Feature

Yelm Provides Cloud Clear

Irripi Ontor provides Mindblast

Deezola provides Regrow Limb

Jakaleel the Witch provides Summon Lune (Any Size) and Dismiss Lune (Any Size)

Yanafel Tarlnis provides Truesword

Hwarin Dalthippa provides Shield

The Young Elementals provide Summon Water/Fire/Darkness/Earth Elemental (Small) and Dismiss Water/Fire/Darkness/Earth Elemental (Small)

Yara Aranis provides Terrify Horse

Glamour provides Rapture

The Blue Moon provides Summon Selene (Any Size) and Dismiss Selene (Any Size)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MagikarpHunter said:

Jakaleel the Witch provides Summon Lune (Any Size) and Dismiss Lune (Any Size)

The Blue Moon provides Summon Selene (Any Size) and Dismiss Selene (Any Size)

It doesn't quite sit right with me that the goddess who is the Moon might need to get Lunar elementals from other Cults...

I wouldn't expect Rune Magic to be flowing to Sedenya from a Shaman tradition like Jakaleel's.

C'es ne pas un .sig

It looks fine to me, but if you want more ideas an alternative to consider might be her RQ3 version, which provides no Rune magic of her own, only getting associate spells from Etyries (mindlink) and the Seven Mothers (command lune, excommunication, mindblast, regrow limb, truesword). Lunar magic is the main thing she offers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, g33k said:

It doesn't quite sit right with me that the goddess who is the Moon might need to get Lunar elementals … from a Shaman tradition like Jakaleel's.

Well, Sedenya the Changer is the Moon — right now/in this continuity — but perhaps the reason for that is what the 7M did. Surely no problem with the parents contributing to the offspring’s nature, even if accidentally or because some parts were hard to come by. It is not as if we thought they put her together perfectly — according to the flatpack instructional diagrams — there were a few Allen bolts left over and they used more cheese than the recipe said. Comes out different every time. She is perfectly imperfect, and we love her.

I saw her today at the reception
          In her glass was a bleeding man
          She was practiced at the art of deception
          Well, I could tell by her blood-stained hands

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

59 minutes ago, g33k said:

It doesn't quite sit right with me that the goddess who is the Moon might need to get Lunar elementals from other Cults...

I wouldn't expect Rune Magic to be flowing to Sedenya from a Shaman tradition like Jakaleel's.

Yeah, I had an old draft that gave the Lunes to the Red Goddess herself, but I remembered that the RQG rulebook specifically attributes their source as Jakaleel "for the Lunar Pantheon" which makes me think Sedenya gets them from her as well. I could see a version of the cult where they come straight from Sedenya, but what would you give from Jakaleel instead? I see that the RBoM gives a Moon Rune association to Darksee, so I could imagine that coming from Jakaleel and maybe going to the Red Goddess.

As for the Selenes, as they come from the Blue Moon instead of the Red, I figured Annilla should get the credit for them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Richard S. said:

It looks fine to me, but if you want more ideas an alternative to consider might be her RQ3 version, which provides no Rune magic of her own, only getting associate spells from Etyries (mindlink) and the Seven Mothers (command lune, excommunication, mindblast, regrow limb, truesword). Lunar magic is the main thing she offers.

and to complete what means lunar magic, it (in rq3) was the capacity to change duration, intensity, etc of any spirit spell (in the same way that sorcery did -  rq3 - )

note that to become red goddess initiate you must be illuminate, be initiate of a lunar cult, and have 90% in 3 magical skills (not the same than rqg)

so probably you may have 90% in meditation and in some other magical skills (spirit lore ? spirit combat ?)