Interview with Katrin Dirim

Runeblogger

4 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

So I decided to interview Katrin Dirim

Great interview! Had the pleasure of talking with Katrin at ChaosiumCon.

To whoever is reading this: What is your favourite piece of art by Katrin Dirim?

Hard to select any one piece! 

I'm particularly fond of the Mirrorsea Bay set from Ships and Shores: the whole bay (p.25), Rhigos (p.27), Nochet (p.33), Volsaxiland (p.41), central Heortland (p.47), and Storos (p.55). Having provided Martin and Katrin with some of the background of local deities from my Nochet and Heortland works, it was fantastic to see how Katrin took the varied ideas and ran with them. The details are often very subtle such as: Karse gathering the flotsam and jetsam of folk to her and giving them a home, Belintar's temple at Durengard, Storm Bull sitting atop Stormwalk Mountain while sky bulls soar in the air around, or the Bridge of the Winds at Durengard.

The Ice Age from History of Malkionism is a really brilliant piece. And the Revelation of the Abiding Book and the Godlearners are both fun to look at.

And who can resist Moon Cat! Katrin Dirim - Moon Cat

Two other favorites from her early work are the following two as they speak to the life of mortals rather than the gods:

Diplomatic relations: Katrin Dirim - Diplomatic relations

Somewhere in Peloria: Katrin Dirim - Somewhere in Peloria

• Like 5

19 hours ago, jajagappa said:

I'm particularly fond of the Mirrorsea Bay set from Ships and Shores: the whole bay (p.25), Rhigos (p.27), Nochet (p.33), Volsaxiland (p.41), central Heortland (p.47), and Storos (p.55). Having provided Martin and Katrin with some of the background of local deities from my Nochet and Heortland works, it was fantastic to see how Katrin took the varied ideas and ran with them. The details are often very subtle such as: Karse gathering the flotsam and jetsam of folk to her and giving them a home, Belintar's temple at Durengard, Storm Bull sitting atop Stormwalk Mountain while sky bulls soar in the air around, or the Bridge of the Winds at Durengard.

Those are also my favourites so far! 😊👍  And I can't wait to see more of her work in future publications.

• Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

On 10/22/2023 at 11:38 PM, jajagappa said:

I was very grateful for the background details you shared.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:38 PM, jajagappa said:

And who can resist Moon Cat! Katrin Dirim - Moon Cat

The Moon Cat sneaks into the picture of Nochet.

• Like 3