Update: Japan - Empire of Shadows now available in hardcover from DriveThruRPG

The Ancient One

Basically what the title says, I didn't get the chance to get the PDF and I was holding out on the POD version with the hope that there would a hardcover edition in future (due to the 400 page count and for fear that the spine would crack with a paperback version).

I couldn't find any info as to why this has happened on this forum or a google search, I wondering if anyone might know what's going on?

Edited by Nick Brooke
Original post title is now out of date
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Ancient One said:

Basically what the title says, I didn't get the chance to get the PDF and I was holding out on the POD version with the hope that there would a hardcover edition in future (due to the 400 page count and for fear that the spine would crack with a paperback version).

I couldn't find any info as to why this has happened on this forum or a google search, I wondering if anyone might know what's going on?

Hang on a moment, let me just perform a Greater Summoning Ritual...

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh @Nick Brooke R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

Don’t panic, @The Ancient One - the authors got so many inquisitive emails they decided to temporarily suspend sales of Japan - Empire of Shadows until the new hardcover print edition is available. It should be back on sale in all formats in less than a month, if all goes well.

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

I'm so glad to hear that it will be back and a hard cover is coming. I bought the pdf a while back and it's probably one of the best sourcebooks I've ever read. I will definitely be picking up the hard cover when it comes out. There is just so much information, well written and well laid out. I'd certainly put it on any "must own" list for CoC fans. Thanks for the update! I was worried it had been locked back up in the Miskatonic University library with all the other arcane tomes no one was meant to see. 

20 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Don’t panic, @The Ancient One - the author got so many inquisitive emails he decided to temporarily suspend sales of Japan - Empire of Shadows until the new hardcover print edition is available. It should be back on sale in all formats in less than a month, if all goes well.

Thank you for that info, I'm happy to hear that while it has been removed it will comeback.

Some of those inquiries might be my fault, I expressed some concern about the durability of a 400 page paperback version in the comment section before it was taken down.   

• 2 weeks later...

And it’s back! Japan - Empire of Shadows is available once again, in (new!) hardcover, softcover and digital formats. Please read the product description all the way to the end if you have bought the PDF already and now want a print edition.

• Like 3

• Nick Brooke changed the title to Update: Japan - Empire of Shadows now available in hardcover from DriveThruRPG