Investigator Weapons 1: 1920s & 1930s available again

Sixtystone Press is proud to announce the return of Investigator Weapons volume 1: 1920s & 1930s.

Investigator Weapons volume 1 is the comprehensive guide to firearms of the 1920s and 1930s for all Call of Cthulhu investigators and keepers.

We have added a seventh edition chapter, made a bunch of corrections, and revised the use of period photos throughout the book. With the addition of the new chapter, Investigator Weapons volume 1 is completely Call of Cthulhu seventh edition compatible.

The new POD version is visibly superior to the previously good POD version, and has an improved paper weight as well.

To celebrate its return, Sixtystone Press is happy to offer a special price for the PDF and/or POD until 06 May 2024. Note if you want the PDF and POD you will need to redeem both the vouchers.

Investigator Weapons volume 1; PDF US $12.00 valid until 06 May 2024

Investigator Weapons volume 1; POD US $12.00 valid until 06 May 2024

Now’s the time to replace your well-thumbed copy, or update your PDF copy with a hard copy book, or take the plunge and try out the book if you’ve never read a Sixtystone Press Investigator Weapons book before.

Previous purchasers should check their DTRPG library for the updated PDF, and their Inboxes for a special POD discount.

Edited by Gundamentalist
  • Like 4

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief | Sixtystone Press Limited

On 4/6/2024 at 9:44 AM, Gundamentalist said:

Sixtystone Press is proud to announce the return of Investigator Weapons volume 1: 1920s & 1930s.

I was intrigued when I saw Seth Skorkowsky pitch this in a video; I didn't realize you had 3 volumes, including Gaslight era! I'd be interested in picking up all three in softcover -- is there any chance of a sale in the near future on print copies?

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, AlHazred said:

I was intrigued when I saw Seth Skorkowsky pitch this in a video; I didn't realize you had 3 volumes, including Gaslight era! I'd be interested in picking up all three in softcover -- is there any chance of a sale in the near future on print copies?

He did? Is the Seth Skorkowsky video recent? I've had an explosion of sales today, which I put down to Chaosium's kind plug on Facebook for IW1.

If you hadn't noticed there's a sale on IW1 right now to celebrate its release. Until 06 May, scroll up the thread to see the links.

Sixtystone participates in the DTRPG Cthulhu Mythos sale as well but I think that has gone for this year. But Sixtystone may also be involved in any future horror-related DTRPG sales.

Edited by Gundamentalist
  • Like 1

Adam Crossingham

5 hours ago, Gundamentalist said:

He did? Is the Seth Skorkowsky video recent?

He flashes it up on the screen at the 3:04 mark in his review of "The Auction," and his patter informed me that it had a section on International firearm laws, which I didn't realize and sells me on it.

What is IW1?

Edited by AlHazred

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

1 hour ago, Gundamentalist said:

Investigator Weapons 1

I should have realized that. My brain has been in a fog since my daughter was born last year, my apologies.

ROLAND VOLZ

Well, I picked it up, and it's lovely. While I'm waiting for the POD to deliver, I've been scanning the PDF. I flipped to the 7th Ed rules chapter, and noticed under QUICK DRAW, "Characters with unready weapons use DEX or DEX for the Order of Attack." Is that a typo?

ROLAND VOLZ

12 hours ago, AlHazred said:

I flipped to the 7th Ed rules chapter, and noticed under QUICK DRAW, "Characters with unready weapons use DEX or DEX for the Order of Attack." Is that a typo?

No, but after a review prompted by your comment, I admit it could be clearer.

It should be comprehended as the following:

Characters with undready weapons use their DEX

or

DEX plus/minus one or more of the modifiers in the list that follows the sentence if the keeper wants to have the shooter's skill and choice of weapon matter in determining order of attack

HTH.

• Thanks 1

Adam Crossingham

6 hours ago, Gundamentalist said:

No, but after a review prompted by your comment, I admit it could be clearer. [SNIP]

That helped clean out the baby-brain-fog, thanks!

ROLAND VOLZ