Thantar Tarnished Silver

15 hours ago, soltakss said:

Spell Trading is an act of worship of Issaries.

The eucharist is the highest act of worship within most of Christianity, and we can exclude people from receiving it, not least because some people unrepentantly perform actions utterly opposed to the ethos of the faith.  Please trust me, yes, it does still happen.

Spell trading is indeed an act of worship.  Spell trading that is implicitly contaminated by something utterly detestable to the god of trade most certainly is not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ali the Helering said:

Spell trading is indeed an act of worship.  Spell trading that is implicitly contaminated by something utterly detestable to the god of trade most certainly is not.

This makes me wonder whether a divination to Issaries on this topic might yield an answer similar to Paul's letter concerning the use of sacrificial meat (first Corinthian letter, chapter 10).

• Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

29 minutes ago, Joerg said:

This makes me wonder whether a divination to Issaries on this topic might yield an answer similar to Paul's letter concerning the use of sacrificial meat (first Corinthian letter, chapter 10).

That whole chapter reveals a lot about how Issaries operates internally. I would have said it's a preview of how Issaries will be transformed in the coming hero war (secularization and disenchantment) but then I realized that there's something about Issaries that has always already had that hero war and come out the other side with a new community and a new recombinant approach to covenants.

While I will not be taking additional questions at this time (the market is closed for the weekend and if I'm lucky I can sneak up to the fair instead before the season ends), MGF suggests that in the terminal third age Spell Traders will discover that the rune points themselves are fungible and even those that originate in "chaos" can be freely converted without sin . . . but the rites and revelries of the chaos cults are neither beneficial nor constructive. We don't need them any more. You have the right to eat everything you find in the meat market. Issaries is that market.

This will of course create fragmentation of opinion and practice, rival Spell Trade networks, sectarian tension. It's a hero war. No platform technology of the soul escapes the refining fire.

• Haha 1

singer sing me a given

42 minutes ago, Joerg said:

I like it.

The only fly in the ointment is that The Lightbringers p61 states that it is the god who hates Chaos, in the same way that SKoH p156 states that he is opposed to the Chaos rune.

Paul is only talking about practise within the church in a specific religio-political circumstance, not pronouncing on the nature of the divinity.