Webley .455 Revolver Stats

SMAY63

Delta Green (Pagan Publishing): The Webley .455 revolver doesn't give stats (p287).

I've been thinking that maybe the same stats for the .45ACP revolver could be used for CoC 7e, etc: 

.45ACP: Measurements: 11.43×23mm.

Webley .455: 11.55x19.3mmR

Delta Green or Call of Cthulhu: 
Webley .455 Revolver: Calibre: .455 Webley. Damage: 1D10+2? RoF: 1. Mag: 6 cylinder. Action: Revolving-action. Loading: Break open. Range: 15 Yards. 
Malfunction: 00. Year: 1887. Cost: $30? 1920s

.45 Revolver. Calibre: .45ACP. Damage: 1D10+2. Rof: 1. Mag: 6 cylinder. Action: Revolving-action. Loading: Swing open. Range: 15 Yards.
Malfunction: 00. Year: 1911. Cost: $30? 1920s

Would these stats be acceptable for DG and CoC? 

9 hours ago, SMAY63 said:

Delta Green (Pagan Publishing): The Webley .455 revolver doesn't give stats (p287).

I've been thinking that maybe the same stats for the .45ACP revolver could be used for CoC 7e, etc: 

.45ACP: Measurements: 11.43×23mm.

Webley .455: 11.55x19.3mmR

Delta Green or Call of Cthulhu: 
Webley .455 Revolver: Calibre: .455 Webley. Damage: 1D10+2? RoF: 1. Mag: 6 cylinder. Action: Revolving-action. Loading: Break open. Range: 15 Yards. 
Malfunction: 00. Year: 1887. Cost: $30? 1920s

.45 Revolver. Calibre: .45ACP. Damage: 1D10+2. Rof: 1. Mag: 6 cylinder. Action: Revolving-action. Loading: Swing open. Range: 15 Yards.
Malfunction: 00. Year: 1911. Cost: $30? 1920s

Would these stats be acceptable for DG and CoC? 

A good choice. And just for reference, Investigator Weapons: Volume 1 (Sixty Stone Press) has also made that choice for the round. It lists 1d10+2 for the .455 Webley in the Colt New Service and all the Webley revolvers (as well as .44 special and .45 LC).

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary
  • Like 1

You can also find stats on page 123 of the new Cthulhu by Gaslight Investigators book.

I didn't want to blow my own horn, but the Webley revolver featurres in Investigator Weapons volumes 1 and 3.

The Webley Mk.VI can be found on page 63 of Investigator Weapons volume 1: Jazz Age.

The Webley Mk.I to IV can be found on pages 81-83 of Investigator Weapons volume 3: Gaslight and Old West.

Functionally they are indentical but each volume has period-specific background and usage examples.

I must also note that Pagan Pubs long-out-of-print Weapons Compendium also statted up the Webley.

As SDLeary notes, statting up guns in CoC or DG is very easy, take something similar and tweak the details to match your desired gun.

• Like 1

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief | Sixtystone Press Limited

On 9/25/2024 at 1:03 PM, SMAY63 said:

They do on page 297 under United Kingdom.

Webely Mark I Revolver

Caliber: .455 Webley

Rate of Fire: 1

Magazine (Cylinder) Capacity: 6

Action: Revolving Action

Loading: Break Open

Base: 15%

Malf: 00-00-96

Year: 1887

Notes: Double Action

8 hours ago, Gundamentalist said:

I didn't want to blow my own horn,

Okay, in that case allow me. 

The most comprehensive, and IMO the best source for firearm stats for BRP are in the Investigator Weapons series of Call of Cthulhu supplements.  

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

18 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

They do on page 297 under United Kingdom.

Webely Mark I Revolver

Caliber: .455 Webley

Rate of Fire: 1

Magazine (Cylinder) Capacity: 6

Action: Revolving Action

Loading: Break Open

Base: 15%

Malf: 00-00-96

Year: 1887

Notes: Double Action

Okay, in that case allow me. 

The most comprehensive, and IMO the best source for firearm stats for BRP are in the Investigator Weapons series of Call of Cthulhu supplements.  

Yes, I see p297 on the pdf reader counter, and 287 on the document page number.