Out now! The Order of the Stone, a complete Call of Cthulhu campaign for 1920s era Investigators

MOB

Call of Cthulhu: The Order of the Stone

A Horror Mystery in Three Parts!

Can the investigators prevent the liberation of the Ruler of Chaos?

Will they discover the secrets of the Order of the Stone?

Order of the Stone

In Ireland, an archaeological team unearths an ancient horror, trapped within three stone vessels. The foul entity sets its followers on a journey to free it from its prison, crossing the Atlantic to New England and the backwoods of rural Massachusetts.

Across three connected scenarios, the Investigators must thwart the evil plot of the cultists!

Everything you need play – Call of Cthulhu: The Order of the Stone contains everything a Keeper needs to run the campaign, including a full suite of maps, resources, and handouts. Also included are a collection of six pre-generated investigators.

Order of the Stone

Get your copy of Call of Cthulhu: The Order of the Stone today!

• Full color hard cover - $42.99 (price includes PDF)
  • PDF from Chaosium - $21.99
  • PDF from DriveThruRPG - $21.99

Also available in retail distribution.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

• MOB changed the title to Out now! The Order of the Stone, a complete Call of Cthulhu campaign for 1920s era Investigators
  • MOB featured and pinned this topic

Looks good so far. Only have skimmed through it, havent done an indepth read through yet.

Love the Deck Plans for the SS Champagne. I am already planning on getting them printed on a large format printer as possibly 18x24s or 24x30s for use on the table for other campaigns/scenarios where the investigators are traveling on a liner. Also love the new "monster" it has a great little twist to it that I am not going to spoil. Bwahahahahahahahaha

Can't wait to fully read though this and run it for my players.

REMEMBER EVERYONE: When buying from Chaosium, if you get the physical copy, you get a free copy of it as PDF so you can instantly start reading though and planning your sessions.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bbmagic said:

Is this a misprinted book or a general error?

Unfortunately this is a general error, a different map was meant to go there. The PDF has been corrected. You can also download the complete maps for free direct from the product page or at Itch.io

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MOB said:

Unfortunately this is a general error, a different map was meant to go there.

Is this expected to be fixed in a later print run? Or should we expect this to be the situation with the hardcover for the foreseeable future? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Is this expected to be fixed in a later print run? Or should we expect this to be the situation with the hardcover for the foreseeable future? 

If/when we reprint The Order of Stone we'll include this and any other corrections.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2024 at 8:44 AM, Xinglin Lu said:

I would like to ask how to pronounce "Xivon" in "Scroll of Xivon"?

Lovecraftian manufactured words and names are notoriously un-standardised, but leaning into the fantastical I'd guess that the X is pronounced as either "Z" or Zh" rather than the Mandarin or Spanish /sh/-like "X".  I'm eager to see competing opinions.

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

I realised that I ignored how the "i" might be pronounced.  Take your pick: "/ee/", "/ai/" or "/ih/".  The "o" is probably the short "/ah/" instead of the long "/oh/", but...maybe not?

Hooray for the cultural grab-bag of global linguistics!

!i!

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green