Monograph Update

Agentorange

Following my question to Triskele I dug out the list of monographs/supplements I knew about and have added ( as best I know it ) their current status. If the author of any of these is still around how about an update ?

Operation Ulysses PUBLISHED

Mythic Iceland PUBLISHED

Grimoire ( actually I know about this one ) SUBMITTED

Necromancy STATUS UNKNOWN

The Covenant of Justice STATUS UNKNOWN

BRP Mecha WORK UNDERWAY

Interplanetary WORK UNDERWAY

The Merchants Scale WORK UNDERWAY

The God Machine STATUS UNKNOWN

Desolations Edge STATUS UNKOWN

Arrgh Pirates ! SUBMITTED

Brave New World STATUS UNKNOWN

Edited by Agentorange
typo

I submitted an adventure for The Green called Drums Along the Frogtoe in April. I have not heard any news since then. I tried to get in touch with Chaosium during the summer, but I never seemed to get though. I have a second addition to the Green about finished. I am not sure what I will call it though.... Maybe the "Green Companion" or "the Venturers Guide'. I believe I will probably just make it available for download and forget trying to go through the Monograph thing.

294/420

I submitted an adventure for The Green called Drums Along the Frogtoe in April. I have not heard any news since then. I tried to get in touch with Chaosium during the summer, but I never seemed to get though. I have a second addition to the Green about finished. I am not sure what I will call it though.... Maybe the "Green Companion" or "the Venturers Guide'. I believe I will probably just make it available for download and forget trying to go through the Monograph thing.

Mmmmm.....I like the sound of more stuff for The Green, but download only doesn't sound so good. How can you have a supplement for a massive forest/jungle setting not available in a dead tree version ?

Mmmmm.....I like the sound of more stuff for The Green, but download only doesn't sound so good. How can you have a supplement for a massive forest/jungle setting not available in a dead tree version ?

It is just a small suppliment.. probably too small for a monograph. I am not sure that there would be a lot of demand for such a thing. What happened is that after I finished Drums I started writing notes for a series of adventures. I needed more Traditions to add the breadth of characters I wanted. I had a some traditions that I cut from the Green to make a lower page count. I also kept finding that there were not enough options for the Outworld factions. Most ideas I had for adventures always centered on the Outworlders, so I thought I would add details and traditions to round them out a bit. Originally I thought I would put all this together with a new adventure monograph. It grew to the point were it could kind of be a little release of its own. It would be nice to see both Drums and the Venturer's Companion come out about the same time so lots of new stuff will be available for the Green at once.

I will try and write a little more about it in another thread.

Edited by Puck

294/420

• 7 months later...

Consider Covenant of Justice as dormant and unlikely to advance. Could not quite get things rules-wise to fit the vision I wanted. Things felt too disparate and piece-meal. So background etc remains on my hard-drive and in the play-test docs I sent out.

My only solution would have been to write a brand new broad-scope Powers system to emulate everything from Magic to Psionics as well as Supers, but that was not just realistic.

I have had some other ideas recently, so some (psionics) rules-based material from CoJ may get get recycled for something else, so who knows what the future may hold.

Very slowly working towards completing my monograph.