Magic World PDF Download Problem ?

rust

I did order the Magic World PDF from the Chaosium website, payment through Paypal went

without problems, but now I seem unable to download the PDF from my account, all I get

after about 15 minutes of downloading is a file "fdm_download_file-php?fileid=344" I

can neither store nor open. =|

Do others experience the same problem ?

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I've heard from a number of people who've been able to download the book with no problem. Might be that a lot of people are all trying to download it at the same time?

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

I have no idea what the reason is, but I still get only the garbage

file mentioned above. I will have to try again tomorrow or later.

Downloaded fine for me.

Amusing typo/spellcheck error page 19 bottom left.

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

Downloaded fine for me. A quick skim over and it looks good, I'll sink my teeth into it later this week. I can't wait for Advanced Sorcery now. Hopefully both will be available on Amazon in the not too distant future, as the international shipping costs for me to buy the actual books directly from Chaosium end up making the dead tree versions not feasible.

Only time will tell if this will be selling as well as RuneQuest or Stormbringer, and if it's not in a hard cover then I actually doubt it will, unfortunately. No way to stand out against the likes of D&D 4E or Pathfinder on the shelves of a gaming store or at a convention.

However it is great for BRP to have a core fantasy product available in print again, I'm a happy lad and I wish you the best with this one Ben

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

After several more failed attempts to download Magic World from the Chaosium

website I finally remembered the standard solution for such a problem: Down-

load and install another browser, make another download attempt, enjoy Magic

World. What was impossible with Internet Explorer 9 worked perfectly well with

Google Chrome. ;t)

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

After several more failed attempts to download Magic World from the Chaosium

website I finally remembered the standard solution for such a problem: Down-

load and install another browser, make another download attempt, enjoy Magic

World. What was impossible with Internet Explorer 9 worked perfectly well with

Google Chrome. ;t)

Ahh you where using IE9. Well then that explains a lot. :P

Guest Vile Traveller

The listing of "nonhuman Adventurers" includes "dwarves, wlves, halflings, centaurs, etc." And the "l" in the font looks a lot like an "i".
Noted.
So you'll be changing that "l" to an "i", then? Good, if there's one thing I won't stand for in a game, it's typos like that. O:)

What was impossible with Internet Explorer 9 worked perfectly well with Google Chrome. ;t)
Wow, they're up to IE9? I think I gave up somewhere around 3 or 4 ... and that can't have been that long ago, because I'm not old. Nope.