Basic Roleplaying for November 28th?

Trifletraxor

placeholder.jpg[This revised edition represents the core Chaosium game system, based on nearly 30 years of use and refinement. It is a complete collection of all the rules you would need to play in any sort of setting, from fantasy to sci-fi. The page count for the book is expected to be staggering 384 pages, and the price is currently set at $39.95.

According to Chaosium's Dustin Wright, the bulk of the Basic Roleplaying manuscript is now in house. The book was scheduled to be released in November, but there have been some delays in getting the entire manyscript. They now hope to publish it before Christmas - which do smells an awefull lot like a 2008 release.

Some internet retailers have started taking preorders for the book, and released a preview of a possible cover for the book, but this is most likely only a placeholder waiting for the true cover to be released.

Hurry up Chaosium! The BRP Fans Are Restless!

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Some feedback I've gotten from Jason Durall may indicate that the cover illustration may be changed before the release, and that the cover above might just be a placeholder. He wasn't sure though. Anyone who can share any light on this?

Sverre.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I can't shed any light on it but was immediately struck by how the image you posted does not in any way say "Multi-Genre". It would be a big mistake I think to go to press with that cover. Someone looking over the book in a store not interested in a Fantasy rule set will immediately write it off.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

The image is taken from the Chaosium monograph 'Gods of Chaos.' I've also heard that Chaosium is This makes makes me think that Durall is right and that it is a place holder. I've also heard that Chaosium is commissioning new artwork, so rehashing an old cover doesn't seem to fit.

70/420

There's a rogue comma on the cover that needs to be annihilated.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)

• 4 weeks later...

I would vastly rather have that placeholder cover than the one posted on the announcement. Busy, flat, unappealing and looking like something that crawled out of a stock art bin from the 80's. The characters look odd, stiff and stilted, and the whole thing looks kinda rushed. His work from the Avalon Hill RQ3 box was vastly superior.